The Rise of Skywalker: Episode IX Graflex

Got a shot of the clamp card from the Celebration Mural ROS lightsaber. Not sure how accurate it is. It seems to be a bronzish coloration. I'm not sure of the squiggle across the face of the card is what it actually looks like, or if it's just meant to imply a form of texture by the artist. There's also 4 rivets cornering the flat sides of the hexagon:
tjQMrtg.jpg

Got a shot of the clamp card from the Celebration Mural. Not sure how accurate it is. It seems to be a bronzish coloration. I'm not sure of the squiggle across the face of the card is what it actually looks like, or if it's just meant to imply a form of texture by the artist. There's also 4 rivets cornering the flat sides of the hexagon:
View attachment 1010503

Considering the squiggle overlaps the edges of the control box, I'm betting artistic license.

From a distance, it very much reminds me of the ROTJ hero clamp card.

I wonder how long till somebody makes a conversion kit for the Disney Parks sabers. The clamp comes off clean. All you’d need is a new clamp, one replacement grip, and maybe the end cap.

I don’t care what everyone else calls it, I’m only going to call this lightsaber the same thing I’ve been calling it since 2 movies ago:

Rey’s Lightsaber

I don’t call Rey’s lightsaber ‘Anakin’s Lightsaber’ because in EP 7-8-9 her lightsaber doesn’t look like the saber Anakin used in EP3.

I don’t call Rey’s lightsaber ‘Luke’s Lightsaber’ because in EP 7-8-9 her lightsaber doesn’t look like the saber Luke used in EP 4-5

Some people get way too crazy hung-up on saber names and who the saber ‘belongs’ to. You know, first world problems.

I call lightsabers by who used them it which movie. Easy. Simple. Non-drama.

This is Rey’s saber, because she uses it in EP9.

Clip-in-the-grip. Has anyone coined that phrase yet for the belt mounting solution of this saber? If not, I claim being first lol. If so then I should be purged, I should be flogged.

Clip-in-the-grip. Has anyone coined that phrase yet for the belt mounting solution of this saber? If not, I claim being first lol. If so then I should be purged, I should be flogged.

I’ve been referring to it is the “grip clip” I like your saying as well

I have to admit I think milling out a grip for a belt clip is clever, especially with the profile (wider at the base) and believable as techdoes tend to consolidate itself as it develops.. but practical is another story.

I have to admit I think milling out a grip for a belt clip is clever, especially with the profile (wider at the base) and believable as techdoes tend to consolidate itself as it develops.. but practical is another story.

Yeah I think it's super cool looking, but would snap in a second. Somebody floated the idea that if it were a pair of grip clips, it might work.

As far as the snapping of the grip clip goes, I think we may be applying real world logic instead of in universe logic. I'll defer to those with a deeper knowledge than myself, but I'm not sure the various saber materials have been revealed. Their plastics could be called 'plastisteel' for all we know, which would, in universe' solve the breakage issue.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back