The Terminator 1984- Kyle Reese Trench Coats, Shoes, and more

Does anybody know what size Michael Biehn wore in the trench coat?

Go to the first page of this thread, and you'll see a clear shot of the size label of the first coat he takes from the rack. I think its a size 34 regular. But go amd double check

Also this is to anyone on here. Does anyone know if the black coat Kyle gets after his arrest/escape from the Police Station shootout is a Vietnam trench coat? It looks oddly small on him, and looks to be more of a civilian type of trench coat. I could be wrong, but I will search eBay and compare the images that Nick posted on the first page

Also this is to anyone on here. Does anyone know if the black coat Kyle gets after his arrest/escape from the Police Station shootout is a Vietnam trench coat? It looks oddly small on him, and looks to be more of a civilian type of trench coat. I could be wrong, but I will search eBay and compare the images that Nick posted on the first page

The guys on Filmjackets had some info about the black coat a while back - about two thirds down this thread:

The Terminator 1984- Kyle Reese Trench Coat(s) - FILMJACKETS.COM

The guys on Filmjackets had some info about the black coat a while back - about two thirds down this thread:

The Terminator 1984- Kyle Reese Trench Coat(s) - FILMJACKETS.COM

It more or less is the same information as it was presented on here. Funny enough, I searched up eBay and black army coats exist. However the cuff strap is different. It has a pointed end rather than the square end like his first green Vietnam coat. Also, there might not be a button to hold down that storm flap on the left side. As well as it being a small size on Kyle. I did find a 38S, however I don't know how to acquire a small fitting army trench coat as those tend to run larger than normal

OK I just visited an army surplus store. They had a bunch of trench coats. And from what the shop owner said they make them in a Short, Regular, or Long version. Also a 34-38 is a small, whereas the 38-40 is a small/medium.

I did find an xs on eBay. It's black, and a size 38XS. If anyone here has any military knowledge on trench coat sizes you can chime in. I would think the XS would be a tiny tiny fit, but I'm not so sure

I think Michael was/is about 5'11-6'0, pretty muscular... yet lean in some places in the film. Those jackets run big though. I'm a bigger dude, about the same height as Michael Biehn and I could fit into the jacket that Data wore from the Goonies, so could my 6'3 brother. It's an anomaly. My opinion only, when it doubt... maybe size down a touch.

Thanks for the information my good fellow.

Boom!

Attachments

• 8B1F25AA-828C-45F0-9E55-3C5615417FCE.jpeg
    8B1F25AA-828C-45F0-9E55-3C5615417FCE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 555
Awesome! He is a super nice + chatty guy, too – I was lucky enough to speak with him at a con a year or so ago & got an autograph.

It pleases me to see him enthusiastic about the shoes!! I always wanted to meet him but I never thought he would be that interested, really makes me smile. Congratulations!

In other news...

Does anybody have an opinion on what size coat Reese wears?

I would like to begin putting together a costume of my own. I am the same height as Michael and I'm working on getting in shape and being able to cosplay is a great incentive.

As far as I can tell (which isn't extremely far) my best guess is that he is wearing a 38L. I've had some experience with military raincoats and I managed to have my brother model a 36L, he is 6'4 and slim. Michael is 6'0 (although people do tend to "round up", even world class athletes) and he was something in between slim, much like a marathon runner, with some muscle put on... without being body builder style toned. I think a 38L is in the ballpark.

I tried my best to figure it out simply based on reading the tag in screenshots but it isn't quite legible.

Last edited:
A friend and I are doing Reese and Tech Noir T-800 cosplay next year.

I'm Reese.

Looking around for vandals and most are way out of my price range. So I had to get crafty. I got some Vandal high supremes quite cheap.
I went for these as all the components are there. They are black suede so have that matt black look which I find is closer to the orignals than the re release leather versions.
20190919_144412.jpg
20190919_144416.jpg
20190919_144430.jpg

I cut the plastic loop off the strap and sprayed it white. Also took the leather tab/logo off the end. I got some white polypropalene strap and velcro and remade the straps white. I had a lucky find of some small rubber logos, so they got glued onto the tongues.
All other logos and soles got sprayed white with RubberComp paint. Its a competitor to plastidip but they do a metallic silver. Which went over the swooshes, rear strap loop and tab on the strap. The results are pretty decent and I'm well happy with them.
20191017_181416.jpg
20191017_181410.jpg
20191017_181416.jpg

I got hold of some grey rugby pants and procured an Ag274 coat. I have yet to weather the pants, I found quite a nice fabric for the shirt so thats on the backburner.

So this is where I'm up to.
inCollage_20191018_170952483.jpg

Because the paint is basically a rubber film it is near impossible to mask it without the tape peeling it off. This made it hard to get the underneath swoosh on the sides white. Then I discovered tyre pens. I coloured in the edge of the tick and the stamped loge on the straps. They look a lot nicer now.

20191101_181757.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back