Toys Era ”The Mechanical” (Cable from Deadpool 2)

toggle47

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was lucky enough to get one of the Premium Edition ‘The Mechanical’, the unlicensed 1/6 scale figure of Josh Brolin’s Cable from Deadpool 2. I decided to touch up some of the details, and also get everything to have him rock any 3 of his major costumes from the film.

tumblr_pnwx8lhBWY1sjdnvro3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pnwx8lhBWY1sjdnvro2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pnwx8lhBWY1sjdnvro1_1280.jpg

I still have some more details to change, and some more modifications to make to his accessories, but it’s already coming along well!

tumblr_po4uwvzG1y1sjdnvro10_1280.jpg

Toying around a bit with lighting and going to build a small diarama/background to do a small photoshoot soon. I’ve never done anything like this, but this figure is insanely cool

just picked this bad boy up...such a great figure. in ur pics the light up eye looks great. did u do any mods to it? the light up feature on mine is not as bright looking.

just picked this bad boy up...such a great figure. in ur pics the light up eye looks great. did u do any mods to it? the light up feature on mine is not as bright looking.

Sorry for the late reply, haven't been on the ol' RPF in over a month. I didn't do any electrical/lighting mods to it yet; getting a shot like that was a pain in the rear. I needed to pop in fresh batteries, turn the switch on, put the head on so the shadow is cast from his brow all in under 10 seconds. Basically needed to set his neck just right, then race the clock. I get about 5-10 seconds of brightness before it dims to the point you can't see that its on.

I've been pulled away by a ton of other projects lately, but I would eventually like to gut the head and replace the LED, maybe even give him a wall plug to keep it on all the time.

I have a bunch more little mods to do to him and the Hot Toys Deadpool before Toys Era hopefully drops the DP2 Juggernaut they were teasing. Looking to put together a killer display of the final battle one day!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back