TurboKid Cosplay

AmpleVibes

In a challenge with our nemesis prop master / mask molding peer, my girlfriend and I decided to take on Turbo Kid and Apple from Turbo Kid (2015) by : Anouk Whissell, François Simard, Yoann-Karl Whissell. We had searched a long while for muse individuals for starting point builds, but didn't find the level of detail we where looking for to showcase in Seattle!
We started from scratch building the nick naks all the way out to the absurdly gory weapons, and finally to the armor and clothing match ups!

WOW!!! What a process!!! Below is Turbo Kids Full Suit minus the leg pieces and shoes being that they need touch ups!
Hope you enjoy!

Turbo Kid Cosplay ECCC 2016.jpg
FULL CHARGE!!!.jpg
Eyes, Throat, Genitals!.jpg
It's A TREX!!!.JPG
Shin Guard Right.JPG
Shin Guard Left.JPG
Knee Pads : Elbow Pads.JPG
Apples Tracking Bracelet.JPG
Turbo Kid Chest Piece Side.JPG
Chest Piece.JPG
Back Piece.JPG
The Kids Helmet Right.JPG
The Kids Helmet Left.JPG
The Kids Helmet Top.JPG
Turbo Glove.JPG
The Turbo Glove!.JPG
Double Hammer Profile.JPG
Double Hammer.JPG
This Is My GnomeStick!.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Turbo Kid Cosplay

!!! I'm looking forward to it. I'm making a gnomestick for a friend going to a upcoming con soon and I feel like there needs to be more turbo kid in the world

Re: Turbo Kid Cosplay

I so agree, almost everyone we spoke to about the film before the con was in the complete dark about what we were talking about. Granted the are die hard superhero fans, i was in total shock. The gnomestick is a bit decieving in the process steps required to create it. I had to beat the crap out of it for two days then do layering of bloody paint mixed with dirt baths. i found destroying common household items for stress relief was a great way to begin the task!

Have a great time at the con and remember step 6, if you don't have a weapon... Make one!!!

Wow that looks great, Been wanting to do a TurboKid Cosplay for a while now but have no idea where to start.

What did you use for the chest/back piece?

This is amazing, Turbo kid has got to be my favorite movie and you guys nailed it!, GNOMESTICK!!! I would totally add a few blinking LEDs to Apples chest and a bullet hole i feel like she is like that for most of the movie, also the heart counter...

Back