Turning my Batman Returns: Power Wheels Batmobile into an R/C

agliarept

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I recently came into a vintage 1992 Batmobile power wheels style (actually called power drivers) that I'm currently turning into a large scaled r/c.

Photo Mar 24 2024, 6 06 59 PM.jpg

The finished project will have:
  1. a enclosed canopy
  2. working front/read lights
  3. Automative black paint job
  4. Working jet engine thruster f/x
  5. Playing the theme song or audio clips
  6. not sure what other cool extras I can make it do

I've already done the above as a proof of concept on a vintage 1/10 89 Batmobile. I'm just now engineering parts to first tackle the r/c functionality as the first hurdle.

Apologies in advance for the quality, I'm not a youtuber, but realizing there's some value in showing off the car since I haven't seen or read any documentation of it's existence (outside ebay lol)

Here's a video of me briefly talking about the car itself before any work was actually done.

I'm currently finalizing the R/C movement testing right now. So should have some tangible to share this week* Fingers crossed.

After several revisions, the r/c part's done and the Batmobile can be controlled wirelessly.

Installed a 1/10 racing motor and it's very very fast now. Here's a video showing it driving at 70% power and working with a steering mechanism i installed.

Next few weeks I'm going to prep 3d files to print and prototype a canopy and maybe design an opening slide mechanism for it. Once that's done, I can focus on the custom fx/lights/cosmetics.

Attachments

• IMG_0425.MP4
    87.4 MB
I look forward very much to seeing this Batmobile go get the bad guys, what a project keep the images and videos coming, I did have a go at a bigger batmobile for a friend who did not want the car once I hade made it but that happens now and again.

keep safe and well
regards Barrie ( the old batman fan guy )batmobile one.jpgDSCF9477.jpgDSCF9489.jpgDSCF0326.jpg

Thank you Mr agliarept,
some people just do not want to pay for things, quite a few people who I have made models for expect you to work for free and then give them the model, I do charge for my work but keep things down as much as possible, better to many at a low price then one at a high price. At the moment I build for the sci fi and fim museum in Milton keyenes england, they have about 5 of m y models and opne more to go soon. Just keep that batmobile moving it is going to look fantastic when you get it blasting down the raod.

regards Barrie ( the old guy ) now this was a model

DSC01293.JPG

New update:

Ordered a Bambu P1s to start prototyping a canopy and rear. With the intention to have the canopy slide forward to allow for easy access of the batteries and random switches I'd need to enable things.

the P1s is painfully fast compared to my resin printer, so it's highly likely I will have a finished prototype soon.

My only concern is having to decide if I want to Dremel out a portion of the existing plastic "window" off the Batmobile. It's pretty thick and prevents the 3d printed parts to sit flushed (Even though the scale i've printed it at is slightly to wide and tall)

Attachments

• Photo May 09 2024, 9 01 44 AM.jpg
    Photo May 09 2024, 9 01 44 AM.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • Photo May 09 2024, 9 01 52 AM.jpg
    Photo May 09 2024, 9 01 52 AM.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • Photo May 09 2024, 9 01 30 AM.jpg
    Photo May 09 2024, 9 01 30 AM.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back