Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

El Dorado
Orígenes de Perú a bordó del Stefani Esperanza.
La estatua aparece ser hecha a mano de oro sólido, y ser embutida con muchas diversas piedras semipreciosas y preciosas.
Estas incluyeron turquesas, esmeraldas, rubíes, y las zafiras.
La estatua tiene un aspecto terrible, y ser (unreadable word) representa uno de los diablos adorados por los naturales.

Waiting for your corrections.

Hi,

Fellow Uncharted fan here and Spanish speaker.

What you've written looks right to me, except for the word 'terrible', which looks more like 'temible' to me. Other than that, I'm pretty sure the chunk you guys are still missing says 'y sin duda representa...' (and without a doubt it represents). The header says 'Traído de Perú a bordo del Galeón Esperanza' (brought from Peru aboard the Esperanza Galleon).

The text itself reads weird as hell though, and written that way it doesn't say much of the author's Spanish skills. It is accurate to what's on screen, however.

A more natural sounding version would be something like:

El Dorado
Traído de Perú a bordo del Galeón Esperanza

La estatua parece estar hecha a mano y ser de oro sólido, adornada con muchas y diversas piedras preciosas y semipreciosas.
Estas incluyen turquesas, esmeraldas, rubíes y zafiros.
La estatua tiene un aspecto temible, y sin duda representa uno de los diablos adorados por los nativos.

Last edited:
When I do mine, I'll probably write it like that. I'd prefer for it to appear correct than be absolutely correct to the game.
Call me strange.

I've been thinking about this project and looking into the pages. I came across some discrepancies between the original game and the Uncharted Collection version. During the cutscene where Drake shows Sully the journal, he flips through the pages which can barely be seen. Some of these pages are different in the 2 versions. In that attached example, the left page looks like it's supposed to be the same, but the right page is definitely different. Shortly after, he shows Sully how the last page had been ripped out. The opposite page is different, and I've attached that as well. The Uncharted version also shows that the map Sully just looked at is on the previous page, where as when he's shown, it's near the middle of the journal. Just wanted to let you guys know about this so you could decide which way you would prefer to have it, if you're even including these pages.

Untitled1.pngUntitled2.png

Last edited:
I agree, and I think more variety than repeated pages would be better, but I figured I'd let everyone know in case they wish to stay faithful to what's seen in-game.

I just found color scans of an original book so all those black smudges in the copies can be deciphered.
link

Looks like the reproductions omit the blue and green inks but keep the red.
The blue and green are reproduced as black blobs.

Also note that the framing on each page is straight and not curved like in the reproductions.

I've been trying to ID the postcards in Sully's plane.
So far I've found #1, Cathedral Rock in Arizona.
The picture is reversed and looks like it's been extended on the left.
I photo shopped a pic that was close.

The building #3 looks sort of like old church or the town meeting hall in Boston.
The street in the foreground is what throws things off, but it could just be photo shopped as well.

Anyone want to try to ID these?

sullys pictures 1.jpg

I've been trying to ID the postcards in Sully's plane.
So far I've found #1, Cathedral Rock in Arizona.
The picture is reversed and looks like it's been extended on the left.
I photo shopped a pic that was close.

The building #3 looks sort of like old church or the town meeting hall in Boston.
The street in the foreground is what throws things off, but it could just be photo shopped as well.

Anyone want to try to ID these?

View attachment 840108

I have this idea too ^^ I will try... but I just can see 2 photos in the plane, the "church" and the "pinup"...

Last edited:
I just found the church picture, now I'm looking for a large version with out a watermark.
It's a 1930 postcard (reversed) High St,St. Nicholas Church, Colchester, Essex, England.
There is also a color version of the image (probably hand painted)
highstreet27s.jpg

Nicely done.
The one in the plane is flipped just like the Arizona pic.

Since there is a picture of a church and cathedral rock I wonder if the other picture is perhaps also a church.

Is it possible this is actually the picture of Cathedral Rock? It is slightly different from the one you found
arizona_sedona.jpgcathedral 2.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back