Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

I found a decal of the pin up.
Unfortunately it's missing the background.
Supposedly it's a painting by Gil Elvgren but I've searched for hours and haven't found it.

fashion-1950s-ladies-fashion-lingerie-dessous-pin-up-girl-wearing-BXH6H0.jpg

Yeah, I found that one also.
I'm looking for the full image w/ blue background.
I know that as soon as I photo shop the background someone will find the original. :lol

That's definitely not a Gil Elvgren painting. Looks like a Franco Mosca girl, an Italian pin up artist. Hope that narrows it down. For some reason it is indeed hard to find with the full background.

If you think about how the rest are presented (ie. being mirrored), and being only able to find this particular image with just the girl (no background), they probably placed the girl on top of another image themselves. If it were from a full painting, the girl would probably be at the same angle, but she's clearly rotated in the game image as opposed to the examples you guys have found, so I'm thinking that background is another image entirely, and good luck finding that...:unsure

Yeah I've been searching for quite a while and only stumbled on the girl at the very bottom of a search page looking at decals.
I haven't seen anything like the background and that is usually what I'm looking for.

I've also been looking for the Hog Wild pin up.
One of the press kit booklets just used a Varga Girl.

Yeah I've been searching for quite a while and only stumbled on the girl at the very bottom of a search page looking at decals.
I haven't seen anything like the background and that is usually what I'm looking for.

I've also been looking for the Hog Wild pin up.
One of the press kit booklets just used a Varga Girl.

All I got is that the girl's picture is the cover of She's Lookin 'Good by Mitchell T. & The H.B.'s, but I could not figure out where the picture is from. Maybe you can trace the artist?

61QgmO4oXXL.jpg

They're not screenshots but you can see all pages here:
On page 7 I posted all the ingame files for the 'regular' pages and screenshots of the other pages.

Last edited:
Y'all have been a treasure trove of information. I appreciate it. Two more questions:

1) Is 5.5 x 3.5 the "official" size of the diary?
2) What's the best way to weather the paper once everything's been added? Can you tea-soak a journal that's already bound, or should I try to do the pages individually and bind them later?

Y'all have been a treasure trove of information. I appreciate it. Two more questions:

2) What's the best way to weather the paper once everything's been added? Can you tea-soak a journal that's already bound, or should I try to do the pages individually and bind them later?

1) I used the Large (13cmx21cm) moleskine sketchbook. Make sure its the sketchbook version because the pages are thicker which prevents the ink bleeding.
2) The best way i found was to individually weather the pages using a paper towel or sponge before you start drawing anything. If you weather it after you have done the drawings, it will probably ruin the drawings.

1) I used the Large (13cmx21cm) moleskine sketchbook. Make sure its the sketchbook version because the pages are thicker which prevents the ink bleeding.
2) The best way i found was to individually weather the pages using a paper towel or sponge before you start drawing anything. If you weather it after you have done the drawings, it will probably ruin the drawings.
A fair point, and definitely something I'm worried about, too. However, I do want the writing and drawings to have that old, faded ink look to them... Perhaps I'll be sure to use a brown ink pen or something.

Technically, though, the smaller journal IS accurate to what's in the game and it's what I've replicated for mine.
It's a lot of VERY fine work and you should STILL use a sketchbook .

In the process of making all the Uncharted books and some bits and pieces; thought I would put down my own findings and listed the order of the Pages from the two game versions (Collection and Original) - there are some discrepancy in the order and some pages.
Hopefully you guys can follow these notes :unsure:

---- ---- ---- ----
IMAGES SOURCED and REFERENCED from
Sir Francis Drake’s Nautical Almanack, 1546 (Link) - Thanks to DavyVO
---- ---- ---- ----

ORDER - based on the UNCHARTED COLLECTION VERSION (Sourced from Link)

Referenced from the “Empty Coffin Opening” Cinematic
  • Inner Cover and Pg 22
  • Pg 25 and Pg 27
  • Pg 21 and Pg 28
  • Pg 26 (upside down and mirrored) and Pg 22
  • Pg 25 and Pg 22 (Repeat)
Referenced from the “Never had any Complains” Cinematic
  • Pg 25 and Pg 22 (Another Repeat or from earlier)
  • Pg 21 (Repeat) and Pg 28
  • Pg 25 or 26 (again - gridded rectangles giveaway) and 22 (repeat - left corner banner is the giveaway)
  • Pg 25 (The Ring symbol giveaway) and Pg 27 (Triple star in the middle of banner giveaway)
Cuts to show the last few pages
  • Letter Page (William Bligh's Log Book - Link - Thanks to DavyVO’s find) and the El Dorado Map Sketch
  • Pg 26 (same orientation direct from the Nautical Almanack) and then the Torn Tower Map Corner (which is the map you get from the Nazi in the Submarine)
---- ---- ---- ----

ORDER - based on the UNCHARTED 1 ORIGINAL VERSION (Sourced from Link)

• Inner Cover and Pg 22
  • Pg 25 and Pg 27
  • Pg 21 and Pg 28
  • Unreadable Text and Page 19
  • Pg 21 (but simpler or graphic limits) and Pg 30
  • El Dorado Map Sketch (Hills ) and the Letter Page (William Bligh's Log Book - Link - Thanks to DavyVO’s Find)
  • Unreadable Text and Page 19 (Repeats)
  • El Dorado Map Sketch (Hills are a give away) and the Letter Page (William Bligh's Log Book - Link - Thanks to DavyVO’s Find)
  • Pg 20 and then the Torn Tower Map Corner (which is the map you get from the Nazi in the Submarine)

Last edited:

If you are basing it from the games then;
  • Uncharted 1 - It's a Pocket Sized Journal; 90 x 140 mm
  • Uncharted 4 (Nate's Office - about the same size as the other journals) - It's the Moleskine Softcover Large; 130 x 210 mm

El Dorado
Orígenes de Perú a bordó del Stefani Esperanza.
La estatua aparece ser hecha a mano de oro sólido, y ser embutida con muchas diversas piedras semipreciosas y preciosas.
Estas incluyeron turquesas, esmeraldas, rubíes, y las zafiras.
La estatua tiene un aspecto terrible, y ser (unreadable word) representa uno de los diablos adorados por los naturales.

Waiting for your corrections.
I guess I'm late here, but anyway, I think the first sentence is
El Dorado
Partiendo del Perú a bordo del galeón Esperanza
and I think (unreadable word) is "sin duda" (means undoubttully)

I guess I'm late here, but anyway, I think the first sentence is
El Dorado
Partiendo del Perú a bordo del galeón Esperanza
and I think (unreadable word) is "sin duda" (means undoubttully)
BT"
In the process of making all the Uncharted books and some bits and pieces; thought I would put down my own findings and listed the order of the Pages from the two game versions (Collection and Original) - there are some discrepancy in the order and some pages.
Hopefully you guys can follow these notes :unsure:

---- ---- ---- ----
IMAGES SOURCED and REFERENCED from
Sir Francis Drake’s Nautical Almanack, 1546 (Link) - Thanks to DavyVO
---- ---- ---- ----

ORDER - based on the UNCHARTED COLLECTION VERSION (Sourced from Link)

• Inner Cover and Pg 22
  • Pg 25 and Pg 27
  • Pg 21 and Pg 28
  • Pg 25 and Pg 22 (Another Repeat or from earlier)
  • Pg 21 (Repeat) and Pg 28
  • Pg 25 or 26 (again - gridded rectangles giveaway) and 22 (repeat - left corner banner is the giveaway)
  • Pg 25 (The Ring symbol giveaway) and Pg 27 (Triple star in the middle of banner giveaway)
  • Letter Page (William Bligh's Log Book - Link - Thanks to DavyVO’s find) and the El Dorado Map Sketch
  • Pg 26 (same orientation direct from the Nautical Almanack) and then the Torn Tower Map Corner (which is the map you get from the Nazi in the Submarine)
---- ---- ---- ----

ORDER - based on the UNCHARTED 1 ORIGINAL VERSION (Sourced from Link)

• Inner Cover and Pg 22
  • Pg 25 and Pg 27
  • Pg 21 and Pg 28
  • Unreadable Text and Page 19
  • Pg 21 (but simpler or graphic limits) and Pg 30
  • El Dorado Map Sketch (Hills ) and the Letter Page (William Bligh's Log Book - Link - Thanks to DavyVO’s Find)
  • Unreadable Text and Page 19 (Repeats)
  • El Dorado Map Sketch (Hills are a give away) and the Letter Page (William Bligh's Log Book - Link - Thanks to DavyVO’s Find)
  • Pg 20 and then the Torn Tower Map Corner (which is the map you get from the Nazi in the Submarine)
If it's not too late to ask, in which order did you combine all these documents with Drake's pages? All images in the first pages of this thread are now gone from Photobucket

I've done my own El Dorado map now to glue it on my game journal and I'm satisfied with the result as a whole. I've used a fountain pen and De Atramentis red ink on Canson standard sketching paper and then I bathed it on black tea and spread a bit of instant coffee here and there. 5 minutes in the oven, rips in all the proper places (including the left corner, obviously) and ready to go.

00_eldorado.jpg01_eldorado.jpg02_eldorado.jpg03_eldorado.jpg04_eldorado.jpg05_eldorado.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back