Interest Unused Concept Voyager Tricorder - SECOND RUN INTEREST

Hi all, for those waiting for me to start another run. Heres whats going on.
Firstly a small let down, I wont be able to start another run this year. I hope to start another early next year.

Heres whats going on right now for me and I think youll all understand why the delay, as well as to why theres not been a lot of new content on my YT channel.

First things first the worst of the news. My dad has terminal cancer, and is now receiving palliative care. I am also helping care for him.
We are going to loose him and I fear fairly soon. On top of that, we are also loosing our family home. So I am also having to deal with an impending move and house hunting.

This has of course pilled onto my mental health problems (depression anxiety ect...)

And also the last run which has mostly been complete save for two builds that I'm still finishing off, has utterly burnt me out.

Because of all the above, I'm taking a break from building tricorders to focus on family, but also to put some time into other projects. As I need that change.

So while I am taking this break, I have indeed received enough interest to do another run, but it will have to be next year.
I realise this is a long time to wait. But I just cant see how I can start another run in this time.

When I'm ready I promise I will contact you all through here, or via private means if you given me that information.
One other thing to note, the next build will be a tweaked and improved design. Outwardly identical to the last build. But internally tweaked to make it a little easier to build.
Apart from PCB corrections (there are a few little design mistakes on the last run that needed hotwire fixes.) I will be adding a Serial over power method to have communication between the door microcontroller and the main one. This would mean I can use off the shelf brass hinges rather than having to fabricate them myself. This on one hand increases the BOM but saves me tons of work.

One other note, I will only be taking payments through wise.com from now on. I have an affiliate link you can sign up through if you want to.
Signing up through this would be appreciated as I get a little kick back when 3 people send 500 or more through it, which is always helpful for me.

But I wont be taking payments through paypal any more as paypals fees are far to high, and this hits extra hard when handling international payments. Specifically USD to GBP (Im in the UK). This is why I will be insisting on wise. It should be noted paying through wise will also be cheaper for you as well, as wises USD-GBP rates are far better than paypals. But I wanted to be transparent about that from the get go.

Anyway, hope the news of the delay isnt too disheartening. It will happen I promise :)
I am interested, also sent you a PM. Sorry about your dad, I lost my dad in March.

I feel I should give a little update here on whats happening given that theres been a bit of an influx of interest on twitter.

The house is being auctioned on November the 1st, and I will be looking to rent somewhere soon after. I have NO idea if Ill have access to my tools printers and laser cutter. But I will try to at least have my printers accessible and before I leave I will bulk cut some parts needed for another run.

I still hope to do another run some point next year, maybe starting early next year if possible... But right now I can not guarantee it will happen as there's simply too many unknowns regarding where ill be living.

Im still unemployed and its a scary time. I will be trying to find any work I can once Ive moved. So Im also not entirely sure where I am with free time to do the run. Even though the aim is to be in full time work. I need to know how things will be so I can arrange my free time around the build.

Now for some good news. V3 hardware design work has mostly been complete. The micro processor is now moved over to ESP32 S3 dual core.
I still need to do a huge amount of programming to cover the new architecture, and also need to come up with an uninterruptable sound engine for sound effects. It wont be a quick straight port from old code, there's A LOT to redesign...
Simply put, there's too many variables to give any real time frame on anything right now.

But when Im ready, the the plan is to make a list of around 10 or 12 to build for for the next run. Again please show your interest here, I will contact each person in turn to make up the list. And when things are ready I will arrange the deposit for parts and costs.

Again please everyone read through the details in this thread for costs and how things are arranged.

Anyway, for now thats all I can say. Lets see how things are in a month. I'll likely have moved by then.

I feel I should give a little update here on whats happening given that theres been a bit of an influx of interest on twitter.

The house is being auctioned on November the 1st, and I will be looking to rent somewhere soon after. I have NO idea if Ill have access to my tools printers and laser cutter. But I will try to at least have my printers accessible and before I leave I will bulk cut some parts needed for another run.

I still hope to do another run some point next year, maybe starting early next year if possible... But right now I can not guarantee it will happen as there's simply too many unknowns regarding where ill be living.

Im still unemployed and its a scary time. I will be trying to find any work I can once Ive moved. So Im also not entirely sure where I am with free time to do the run. Even though the aim is to be in full time work. I need to know how things will be so I can arrange my free time around the build.

Now for some good news. V3 hardware design work has mostly been complete. The micro processor is now moved over to ESP32 S3 dual core.
I still need to do a huge amount of programming to cover the new architecture, and also need to come up with an uninterruptable sound engine for sound effects. It wont be a quick straight port from old code, there's A LOT to redesign...
Simply put, there's too many variables to give any real time frame on anything right now.

But when Im ready, the the plan is to make a list of around 10 or 12 to build for for the next run. Again please show your interest here, I will contact each person in turn to make up the list. And when things are ready I will arrange the deposit for parts and costs.

Again please everyone read through the details in this thread for costs and how things are arranged.

Anyway, for now thats all I can say. Lets see how things are in a month. I'll likely have moved by then.
Thanks for the update - still very much interested!

Did all of the units from your first run get sold?

Hello dear friend, please include me when your ready for your next run. I will happily pay the total cost of the tricorder UPFRONT to better assist you in your immediate needs.

I would love to be the proud owner to cherish your beautifully c4afted tricorder. I will give you all you money for the entire cost of the unit upfront as to assist you in your needs better. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Take care. ....Robert

I would also be interested in your next run. I also lost my Mom to an aggressive lung cancer a year ago, so I can empathize with where you're at. It really sucks and I'm sorry for your loss.

Hello. I hope life has been treating you better, and are in a better frame of mind.

Your craftsmanship is top-notch! Please add me in your next run (If there's space).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back