Walking Dead Rick Jacket

hi i am actually trying to contact magnoli clothiers about my own jacket i have already bought and paid for not the prototype . my jacket was under production before the new leather arrived!

hi i am actually trying to contact magnoli clothiers about my own jacket i have already bought and paid for not the prototype . my jacket was under production before the new leather arrived!
Please also be aware that this is public, and everyone can see what you are typing here. As nladyman said, we have all been excited for this since pretty much 2016-2017 trying to get a perfect jacket.

And allow me to direct you to the FAQ section on Indy's website About Us & FAQ

But let me also directly quote from the page

"How long does a particular item take to make?

All tailor-made clothes (Suits, dress shirts, Jackets, Pants) can take up to two to three months to complete from time of payment. Shipping generally takes an additional week. If you need your garment made more quickly you can upgrade to rush processing by using coupon code RUSH when you order. It will add a 20% fee to your order and will ship within 4-6 weeks.

Non-tailored items (such as journals and accessories) which are in stock will be shipped immediately and will take up-to two to five weeks, via regular mail (and two to six days via express), to arrive.

Fully customized items can take longer, as there is a lot of pattern work involved as well as sourcing new materials. See "How MTM Works" for more information on this process. Feel free to e-mail us with any questions."

You want Indy to make the altered collar just like the show correct? As well as the jacket being made to fit your measurements? See above. That's why he's doing the prototype, so he can figure out the altered collar and if it's good he'll proceed with your order and finalize the collar, so you can have it exactly how you want it. He even answered your question back 2 pages ago and said "You can order right now and you'll get the latest version with updated leather based on the original UGG swatch and final tweaked collar.... all within two months." as well as "The next jacket to get made with this updated collar will be photographed and e-mailed to the customer for approval before shipping. If the collar doesn't meet your approval, we'll remake as necessary before shipping."

He's working on quite a lot of projects, hell go back to page 31 he explicitly says "we're juggling a dozen projects at once, doing a little on each as we are able...".

Don't worry, he'll contact you personally once he finalizes the collar to everyone's approval for screen accuracy. Right now it's a matter of getting the collar done first so that it looks good in general. If you want any minor changes made to your order, I'm sure he'll speak with you personally and take care of it

Dude you gotta chill and be patient, you're being really pushy/ passive aggressive. He literally said "Yes, I've got your e-mail and will update you (and everyone) once we have some photos of the updated collar." and "drew27 Your jacket is in the works... could you just e-mail me directly from now on?"

He literally just got the sourced suede and expressed that he's working on the prototype/figuring out the collar first; even we spent months trying to figure out how the collar was altered and only came with certain screen caps/analysis from stills in the episodes. You don't want to end up with something you're not completely satisfied with, do you? Indy runs a business with multiple orders and high demand, rightfully so cause they make some pretty high quality products that take time

Trust me, I'm just as excited for the jacket, we've been working on this for years

And allow me to direct you to the FAQ section on Indy's website About Us & FAQ

But let me also directly quote from the page

"How long does a particular item take to make?

All tailor-made clothes (Suits, dress shirts, Jackets, Pants) can take up to two to three months to complete from time of payment. Shipping generally takes an additional week. If you need your garment made more quickly you can upgrade to rush processing by using coupon code RUSH when you order. It will add a 20% fee to your order and will ship within 4-6 weeks.

Non-tailored items (such as journals and accessories) which are in stock will be shipped immediately and will take up-to two to five weeks, via regular mail (and two to six days via express), to arrive.

Fully customized items can take longer, as there is a lot of pattern work involved as well as sourcing new materials. See "How MTM Works" for more information on this process. Feel free to e-mail us with any questions."

You want Indy to make the altered collar just like the show correct? As well as the jacket being made to fit your measurements? See above. That's why he's doing the prototype, so he can figure out the altered collar and if it's good he'll proceed with your order and finalize the collar, so you can have it exactly how you want it. He even answered your question back 2 pages ago and said "You can order right now and you'll get the latest version with updated leather based on the original UGG swatch and final tweaked collar.... all within two months." as well as "The next jacket to get made with this updated collar will be photographed and e-mailed to the customer for approval before shipping. If the collar doesn't meet your approval, we'll remake as necessary before shipping."

He's working on quite a lot of projects, hell go back to page 31 he explicitly says "we're juggling a dozen projects at once, doing a little on each as we are able...".

Don't worry, he'll contact you personally once he finalizes the collar to everyone's approval for screen accuracy. Right now it's a matter of getting the collar done first so that it looks good in general. If you want any minor changes made to your order, I'm sure he'll speak with you personally and take care of it

All true and agreed, HOWEVER Indy did say this:

Finally just received the 124 sq feet of suede matched to an original UGG pocket:

View attachment 1004003

Should have images of a new jacket later next week.

... which is last week, so I kind of understand.

hey Razor do you have a rick grimes jacket you have bought previously at all from elsewhere? if so i would ;love to see some pics! cheers

drew27 Your jacket is being assembled right now:

uIP8SGn.jpg

The new side knit material was taking longer than expected, hence the delay.

The only ones that are worthwhile IMO are the original UGG jackets. I have a black one in XL and a brown one in L.
i have got a jacket already from marvelleathers on ebay and i adjusted the collar my self and got my local taylor to sew it up it is the closest i have seen collar wise to the pics i posted above

the thing with the collar shape is it arcs up on an angle then at the very top point of the collar it goes straight across very slightly then angles up to achieve the unique pointed effect, i also think the bulgy part of the collar is thickened from inside the collar with maybe some slight padding sewn on the inside to give the extremely unique bulge effect if anyone is lnterested this is my best theory for an accurate design of the collar!

or with regards to the bulge maybe a separate piece of shearling is sewn on from the outside giving the effect of the ziptrack disappearing under the point of the collar?

the thing with the collar shape is it arcs up on an angle then at the very top point of the collar it goes straight across very slightly then angles up to achieve the unique pointed effect, i also think the bulgy part of the collar is thickened from inside the collar with maybe some slight padding sewn on the inside to give the extremely unique bulge effect if anyone is lnterested this is my best theory for an accurate design of the collar!

or with regards to the bulge maybe a separate piece of shearling is sewn on from the outside giving the effect of the ziptrack disappearing under the point of the collar?

I think you're overthinking this. I don't think they've done anything complicated other than that they've pushed the top of the zipper into the collar and stitched it up like Indy and I pointed out on page 30. The typical bulging effect is caused by just that.
The pointy effect may also depend on how the collar is trimmed down (or also pushed into the collar and stitched up?) from the shoulder to the front, but I think you can only figure that one out by trail and error.

Last edited:
I think you're overthinking this. I don't think they've done anything complicated other than that they've pushed the top of the zipper into the collar and stitched it up like Indy and I pointed out on page 30. The typical bulging effect is caused by just that.
The pointy effect may also depend on how the collar is trimmed down from the shoulder to the front, but I think you can only figure that one out by trail and error.
with regards to the bulge i know what you are saying but with the collar oiint i had a marvel leathers jacket and all i did to get the pointy effect was cut the top of the collar across like i said with some special scissors and then have my local tailor apart from the bulge my collar is the spitting image of the jacket collar above the jacket they originally made for me already had the correct arc so i didnt have to worry about achieving this

sorry have my local tailor stitch it up apart from the bulge i believe my collar is the spitting image of the one rick wears in the pics i posted on page 32

sorry have my local tailor stitch it up apart from the bulge i believe my collar is the spitting image of the one rick wears in the pics i posted on page 32
the arc of my marvel leathers collar was made perfectly except the top of the collar was shapeless until i studied ricks jacket closely and altered it myself accordingly

with regards to the bulge i know what you are saying but with the collar oiint i had a marvel leathers jacket and all i did to get the pointy effect was cut the top of the collar across like i said with some special scissors and then have my local tailor apart from the bulge my collar is the spitting image of the jacket collar above the jacket they originally made for me already had the correct arc so i didnt have to worry about achieving this

Sure, but I don't think the costume department of The Walking Dead did such complicated stuff to achieve that specific pointy bulge effect. If anything that was just a side effect of what they were trying to do to the three jackets that they used in the series. On all three jackets the collar looks slightly different. And besides, I don't think it's too hard to replicate that effect if it doesn't happen automatically. It looks like it's simply a matter of taking in the edge of the collar somewhat just before the bulge to amplify this pointy effect.

Sure, but I don't think the costume department of The Walking Dead did such complicated stuff to achieve that specific pointy bulge effect. If anything that was just a side effect of what they were trying to do to the three jackets that they used in the series. On all three jackets the collar looks slightly different. And besides, I don't think it's too hard to replicate that effect if it doesn't happen automatically. It looks like it's simply a matter of taking in the edge of the collar somewhat just before the bulge to amplify this pointy effect.
exactly what im saying i also have had the rounded collar designed on another jaket andto achieve this all my tailor did was fold both edges of the collar over on the inside and cut open the collar to achieve the slight thickness pf that particular jacket with the different collar style i think there are 4 different styles of collar andrew lincoln wore maybe even one more

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back