Walking Dead Rick Jacket

Ok, I've had another more sober and critical look at it and although the experiment with the collar looks pretty promising, there are a few things that aren't right and that causes me some worry overall (to say the least).

1) The arch on the back of the neck is way too wide (also the curve is kinda meh in that picture, but that may be a bit skewed, because the jacket is lying flat). It should be the same width as the neck opening and basically cover only the back of the neck (not the front). As you can see the tips of the arch extend well over the yoke/shoulder seam, which also brings me to point 2:

2) The yoke/shoulder seam looks like it's not located 4 cm lower from the top edge (if you lay the jacket flat). A quick look would suggest that the tips of the arch and the yoke/shoulder seam should swap their respective locations.

But, what worries me the most is that pretty much everything (read again: EVERYTHING) has been documented fully with pics, texts and measurements for both L and XL and STILL glaring errors in the design remain. I don't know if it's because there's some standard template for jackets that's being used or that for specific parts measurements of the XL are used for a size S making the whole thing skewed or something else...

I'm sorry to point it out, but to those who do the design and/or those who actually produce the jacket: read. the. - fill in for yourself - . documents. I'd suggest to take the measurements from either the L or XL in the documents literally and actually draw it into the model of the jacket on a piece of paper/cloth or what not and the design with its typical features should flow from there. Look at the pictures and other info that's provided. If you get that, you see how the pieces fall into place.

Attachments

• Collar 7.jpg
    Collar 7.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 259
I'll check the measurement of the length of this piece (I believe it is 23cm on an original UGG) as well as the placement of the shoulder seams.

I'll check the measurement of the length of this piece (I believe it is 23cm on an original UGG) as well as the placement of the shoulder seams.

That's the thing, it's dependent on what size (S, M, L, XL) the jacket is. It's 23 cm on an L and 24 cm on an XL, both corresponding to the width of the neck opening of 23 cm for an L and 24 cm for an XL.

Razor's photo has been added to our pattern study so the next jacket we made will be updated using this info.
Indy I've made an account on this site just to respond to this thread, you to be specific, did you say you order materials to make the Grimes Replica from Ugg themselves that they used to make the originalBelfast Suede? Also I noticed the sleeves dont hang over the knuckles a little like they do in the show on Rick not to be knit picky but I do like that feature so would I order a longer sleeve length or is it a total design flaw you should fix for my order? I wanna be certain as to what I'm buying to ensure it's the exact match to the Ugg Belfast Suede jacket considering the price of your replica. $325 doesn't seem to be a lot to the people in this thread but it is to me even with having a lot of money and to my understanding the Belfasts weren't even $150 when they were still in production, regardless I'm not complaining about the price but I have to ask does it feel like a $325 jacket just as much as it does an accurate replica of Rick's jacket? Thank you I will order soon depending on your answers. I've already made an account on Magnoli Clothiers and have added my skinny ass self's measurements lol thank you for your time

Edit: if you dont mind could you PM me some more detailed pictures of the jacket thank you for being patient with me my dude

Indy I've made an account on this site just to respond to this thread, you to be specific, did you say you order materials to make the Grimes Replica from Ugg themselves that they used to make the originalBelfast Suede? Also I noticed the sleeves dont hang over the knuckles a little like they do in the show on Rick not to be knit picky but I do like that feature so would I order a longer sleeve length or is it a total design flaw you should fix for my order? I wanna be certain as to what I'm buying to ensure it's the exact match to the Ugg Belfast Suede jacket considering the price of your replica. $325 doesn't seem to be a lot to the people in this thread but it is to me even with having a lot of money and to my understanding the Belfasts weren't even $150 when they were still in production, regardless I'm not complaining about the price but I have to ask does it feel like a $325 jacket just as much as it does an accurate replica of Rick's jacket? Thank you I will order soon depending on your answers. I've already made an account on Magnoli Clothiers and have added my skinny ass self's measurements lol thank you for your time

Edit: if you dont mind could you PM me some more detailed pictures of the jacket thank you for being patient with me my dude
Just to fix your " weren't even $150 " These were sold for 600$ when they were being sold, UGG is not a cheap company. This is by far, the most luxurious clothing item that Rick has ever worn on the show.

Just to fix your " weren't even $150 " These were sold for 600$ when they were being sold, UGG is not a cheap company. This is by far, the most luxurious clothing item that Rick has ever worn on the show.
Huh well the link has since been taken down but I wish I had screenshotted it I had found an old page from 2011 with one selling for $139 but who knows might've been fake however it had the front pocket and said Ugg on tag. Anyway $600 is a bit excessive it didn't really look "luxurious" in the show on Rick, it looked rugged and badass but I'm sure the clothing department made it look that way after all the original Ugg has a front pocket which is a luxury quality. But like I said $325 is a lot but I'm not saying its unjustified i just wanna be sure what i buy is worth it and accurate of a replica which I'm sure you can understand

Our suede leather doesn't not come from UGG, but it has been matched to a piece of an original UGG jacket, so it's VERY close. As for the sleeve length, these are made-to-measure, so you just tell us the length you want it made and that's what we'll do.

Our suede leather doesn't not come from UGG, but it has been matched to a piece of an original UGG jacket, so it's VERY close. As for the sleeve length, these are made-to-measure, so you just tell us the length you want it made and that's what we'll do.
Sounds good man I'll order closer to fall/Autumn so in August or late July I'll go ahead and order in case I need to make adjustments ahead of time I wanna wear the dang thing looks sweet but obviously here in Texas hotter than hell at the moment lol

Oh wait a second did y'all say that it takes 2 to 3 months since it's a custom tailor? That's fine if that's the case I'm patient and not worried about that but is Magnoli Clothiers located overseas (of US)?

Yes, 2-3 months is the average turn around. We're based in New Zealand, but our garments are made in various locations around the world, but we ship to everywhere.

Alright Mr. Magnoli I ordered the (WL) Grimes Suede Jacket if those measurements seem off contact me but I used a well fit denim jacket for them and I'm 5'11 at 138 Ibs (underweight I know lol thanks depression) but I followed your instructional measurement videos for the measurements themselves using regular measuring tape, don't drink each time I say "measure".

I did not use the rush code because I can be patient with this as it seems you've already got the jacket design finalized so 2-3 months isn't so bad as it seems drew27 over there got his in a descent timespan. Anyways thanks a lot I've thoroughly reviewed this thread and have determined this is the better route to go than to buy Ugg Bellfast Suede Bomber considering people are charging well over $1,000 just for rarity and I'd rather not do that but thank you all for this overly analytical discussion on Rick's jacket I was considering starting my own thread about it before finding this so I guess Indy here is our best option for now.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back