Unlimited Run Wearable (thin) Iron Man Arc Reactor kit, Mark I (cave version)

ThrowingChicken

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Current Status: Limited stock as of 4/30/14.

47-fin.jpg

fin-parts.jpg

The kit will come with the following:

• Center ring, resin-cast (top left)
  • Transformer Tabs, laser-cut from a thin faux brass material (top middle)
  • Eleven Super Bright White LEDs (3.2~3.6V, 20mA) (top middle)
  • Nine Capacitors (purely for cosmetic purposes, of course) (top right)
  • Outer Ring, resin-cast (bottom left)
  • Vent Assembly, resin-cast (bottom left)
  • Transformer Assembly, resin-cast (bottom center)
  • Thin Chassis Assembly, resin-cast (bottom right)
  • Clear Ring, laser-cut from “Coke-Bottle Green” acrylic like in the film, with center line engraving (not pictured, see below)
  • Light Diffusion Ring, laser cut ring that goes behind the Clear Ring to spread out the light
  • Brass Rings (x4), laser cut from faux brass acrylic (not pictured, see below)

With these parts, some glue, paint, and magnetic wire, you can end up with this:
fin-lit.jpg

Do note, while the Brass Rings, Clear Ring, and the Transformer Tabs are indicative of the laser cut path, the ones pictured above are painted, not the faux brass material, or in the case of the Clear Ring, not cut from the green-tinted material.

fin-lit2.jpg

If you wanted to get an idea about how long it takes to go from the kit to finished prop; clean up and trim took me about 20 minutes, painting will vary, wrapping the wire took the running time of Anatomy of a Murder (160 minutes), installing and soldering the lights took 30 minutes to an hour, and after that it’s just a matter of gluing things into place. Wrapping the wire, especially if you want a nice tight and even wrap, is the real time eater in this project.

fin-gkring.jpg

If you bought the production run cast of GK’s “Proof” ring, and you really should, this is how they look together.

fin-brass.jpg

The material you see there is an example of the faux brass finish you will be working with.

The cost of the kit has shipping already calculated into the price, so it will vary slightly by location.

US - $90 shipped
Canada - $98 shipped
Rest of the world - $110 shipped

Since shipping is added to that price, we are only really seeing about a $10 difference between the last version and this version.

If you are interested but have not received a private message from me, simply PM me with your name, your shipping address, and your PayPal address and I will have an invoice sent to you.

Thanks for looking!

Old sales thread - http://www.therpf.com/f84/stock-wearable-thin-iron-man-arc-reactor-kit-mark-i-cave-version-147966/

Build tutorial thread - http://www.therpf.com/f78/ironman-arc-reactor-build-up-my-kit-img-heavy-timelapse-video-160614/

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back