Announcement Welcome to the RPF's Forum Upgrade Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new website looks great.
One minor thing that has me puzzled is what the heck are Trophy Points? and how are they calculated? They don't seem to correspond to "posts" or "likes" or whatever. I've poked around the site, but I can't seem to find anything about the formula.
So how does it work?

How does one access therpf store to renew their premium membership? I can’t seem to find it on the mobile version

I've had some confusion with the new Junkyard recently. I've noticed that apart from an "alert," which is easily buried among the list of many other "alerts", there is no notification from the RPF when an item sells, or to whom it sold. When something sold yesterday, if not for the Paypal email notification I would have had no idea. The paypal notification also does not include the buyer's RPF username.

Would it be possible to have the board do something like automatically starting an "I just bought your item!" conversation/private message when an RPF member uses the Paypal buying link in the junkyard listing? That could serve to facilitate easier buyer/seller communication as well, providing a record to both buyer and seller rather than burying the buyer's user name in the "alerts."

I noticed that the Junkyard does automatically debit the "quantity" already upon a sale which is nice.

I am working with the software developer. This is a great suggestion. I will ask if this can be incorporated.

Having issues with uploaded images. Whilst I can upload an image with the 'Upload a File' button, I'm no longer getting an option to show the image as an inline or thumbnail. When I look at my post there is no image. Only an attached file is showing with no thumbnail. If you click on it then the image does open. See post 52 here.

Having issues with uploaded images. Whilst I can upload an image with the 'Upload a File' button, I'm no longer getting an option to show the image as an inline or thumbnail. When I look at my post there is no image. Only an attached file is showing with no thumbnail. If you click on it then the image does open. See post 52 here.
It's the size of the image that is causing the issue. The system won't allow for inline images that are over a certain size as well as showing an image in the thumbnail. Art Andrews will have to chime in regarding any possible change to this.

Is the limit resolution or file size? I can refactor but it would be useful to understand the maxima.

Ah. I was going to point out that the image was about 4.2Mb and no more than 6000 x 4000. The camera is a Sony A7 III. I wonder if it’s an issue with bits per pixel or embedded metadata.

Again, about the Trophy points.

How are they awarded? Does the site compute them with some formula? Or are they awarded by staff?
And why don't they actively change as we make more posts and get more likes? If that is how they are figured.

Mine hasn't budged once; and be the egotist that I am, I want to move up to the next level!

Again, about the Trophy points.

How are they awarded? Does the site compute them with some formula? Or are they awarded by staff?
And why don't they actively change as we make more posts and get more likes? If that is how they are figured.

Mine hasn't budged once; and be the egotist that I am, I want to move up to the next level!

If you click on the trophy points number under your avatar you can see which ones you've been awarded.
You can also view all the available trophies here: Trophies | RPF Costume and Prop Maker Community

Is it calmed down enough to check on the non-Animating-Avatars ? I can see my animated avatar in my account details, but it doesn't animate in the Forums.

If you click on the trophy points number under your avatar you can see which ones you've been awarded.
You can also view all the available trophies here: Trophies | RPF Costume and Prop Maker Community
I see the list of awards, but what I want to know is why aren't the numbers changing since the first computation was done? There have been plenty of Posts, Likes, Quotes, etc... since November - but the points haven't changed.
What gives?

I see the list of awards, but what I want to know is why aren't the numbers changing since the first computation was done? There have been plenty of Posts, Likes, Quotes, etc... since November - but the points haven't changed.
What gives?
Did you look at the chart that TurnipyOdour posted a link to? You only get trophy points when you reach a particular threshold.

Did you look at the chart that TurnipyOdour posted a link to? You only get trophy points when you reach a particular threshold.
Thresholds huh? I looked at the list of my points, but I didn't see anywhere about thresholds. Is there a counter that could tell me how close I am to the different thresholds?
I'm not upset about this. I'm just really close to the next Trophy level, and want to keep track of how I'm progressing.

Before the change over, there was a constant counter of Posts to inspire us to contribute. Now my number never changes.

Last edited:
The only counters that I can find are for Posts and Likes. How can I find out how many of the other things I have? -like Quotes and Media Uploads?

Thresholds huh? I looked at the list of my points, but I didn't see anywhere about thresholds. Is there a counter that could tell me how close I am to the different thresholds?
I'm not upset about this. I'm just really close to the next Trophy level, and want to keep track of how I'm progressing.

Before the change over, there was a constant counter of Posts to inspire us to contribute. Now my number never changes.
Are you saying that your Messages (posts) counter is not increasing?

The link that was posted above shows you the trophy points that you received for reaching each threshold. Here is the link again...
Trophies | RPF Costume and Prop Maker Community

The only counters that I can find are for Posts and Likes. How can I find out how many of the other things I have? -like Quotes and Media Uploads?

Likes, messages and YEARS here, are the main factors in Trophies. You can check each of those. Not really that much other stuff gets any significant points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back