Question What am I doing wrong

gedmac66

Sr Member
Hello ,

Hope asking this here , in this manner is acceptable .... I've used the ' edit ' function after posting a comment / reply on a couple of threads I follow recently . Usually , I'll just post a follow - up one if I've forgotten to mention something .

Anyway , the ' edit ' thing works well , but , why does the bottom of the edited post display the ' report a post ' option only ? . All previous posts I've made without ' editing ' , show ' like this post ' & ' report this post ' .

Any help / explanation appreciated .

Cheers Ged

My post above illustrates my confusion . Also just posted on a long subscribed thread without ' editing ' and same thing happened ?!
Please what's going on ?

Hello ,

Hope asking this here , in this manner is acceptable .... I've used the ' edit ' function after posting a comment / reply on a couple of threads I follow recently . Usually , I'll just post a follow - up one if I've forgotten to mention something .

Anyway , the ' edit ' thing works well , but , why does the bottom of the edited post display the ' report a post ' option only ? . All previous posts I've made without ' editing ' , show ' like this post ' & ' report this post ' .

Any help / explanation appreciated .

Cheers Ged
You can't "like" your own posts that so doesn't show up when you are logged in.

LOL !!! ,
Thanks for responding @Montagar , but I'm NOT ' liking ' posts I've made . I've ' liked ' what others have posted on threads I visit , but never my own !? . Thing is , I'm not computer savvy at all , and have only been recently using it ( iPad mini actually ) , since joining this website last year ( Deagostini MF builder ) .

It's weird because this seemed to have started when I figured out how to ' edit ' posts - instead of making newer / different ones later .
Have I botched things up somewhere , somehow ? Or is this new display only showing on my screen ? i.e. Only the Report Post evident in the same line as Comment , Quote etc ....

If it's not affecting the posts , then great ( no one has to like what I post ) , it's just confusing to me as to why it's happened .

Cheers Ged

Thanks for your input matty matt , but why's your post showing ( thumbs up ) like , report post .......comment, quote & multi - quote etc . When under mine ( recently ) only shows report post , EDIT , comment etc...? Having that ' edit ' option present on all recent posts ( whether I used it or not - since first trying it ) , makes me believe that I've done something wrong .

Is'nt it showing ( evident ) on your screens ? . It's driving me crazy :wacko

Last edited by a moderator:
Aarrrghhh !!! , it JUST KEEPS HAPPENING!!! .
C'mon gang , someone's got to know how I can get it back to the way it used to display after posting !? . :facepalm

Aarrrghhh !!! , it JUST KEEPS HAPPENING!!! .
C'mon gang , someone's got to know how I can get it back to the way it used to display after posting !? . :facepalm
The "Edit" option is always there for your posts when you are logged in.

When logged in, the options across the bottom of your posts will always be... "Report Post" "Edit" "Comment" "Quote" "Multi-Quote".

What were the options "the way it used to display after posting"?

Before my ' 1st ' edit attempt it was ; 1) :thumbsup Like this post , 2) triangle with ' ! ' insert - Report Post , 3) Comment , 4) Quote , 5) Multi-Quote . After posting .
Now it's ; 1) triangle with ' ! ' insert - Report Post , 3) Edit , 4) Comment , 5) Quote , 6) Multi-Quote . After posting .

You know , now that I've typed it out ( due to your question ) , @Montagar , I'm feeling pretty stupid . I mean , all things considered with what's happened / happening in our world , this is way ( below ) trivial .
It's just bugging / confusing me , that's all .

Ged

Before my ' 1st ' edit attempt it was ; 1) :thumbsup Like this post , 2) triangle with ' ! ' insert - Report Post , 3) Comment , 4) Quote , 5) Multi-Quote . After posting .
Now it's ; 1) triangle with ' ! ' insert - Report Post , 3) Edit , 4) Comment , 5) Quote , 6) Multi-Quote . After posting .

You know , now that I've typed it out ( due to your question ) , @Montagar , I'm feeling pretty stupid . I mean , all things considered with what's happened / happening in our world , this is way ( below ) trivial .

Ged
The only way that "Edit" could have been missing and "Like this post" was there was because you weren't logged in... that is the only possibility. You were logged in when you chose to edit a post. It really is the only way that your scenario could have occurred.

Ged

That's what we see on your post. You don't see that because you're logged in.

IMG_4050.PNG

This is what my post looks like to me, because I'm logged in. Really, it's perfectly normal.

IMG_4051.PNG

Montagar , and matty matt.- ( those pics you included above were a godsend ) ,

Thank you both so much , for a) responding , and , b) being patient with such an idiot .
I swear , if my head wasn't screwed on I'd lose it ! . I'd never noticed this before ( the reason for this thread ) , and just figured something was wrong with me .

i really do appreciate both your time and trouble , and am /will start feeding better ( when feeling foolish goes away ! ) soon . Apologies if my ignorance caused YOU any frustration .

Cheers Ged :$

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back