What electronics do people want?

And is it a bad thing to have a third? What if this one comes back as an option available for $80. It may not have all the bells and whistles as the other kits but still for some it may be a great deal. What's the harm in that?

No harm at all mate im all for it thats what i asked for im just saying there is already competition on the market as far as amps go
Both options are similar in price though so a budget option would be a good thing.
Those of us that cant afford the higher budget ones already make do with cheap options like the radio shack jobs but the performance and sound isnt great it would be great to have an option that would have a decent performance that is also pocket friendly.
It might not be quite as good as the higher end ones that are already available but if its an improvement on the budget options we already use thats great :thumbsup

i say go do it mate if you and your friend can do a prity good amp for a prity good price

crack on the customers will soon come running all of them belive me

jay

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WebChief @ Apr 2 2007, 09:18 AM) [snapback]1453633[/snapback]</div>
And is it a bad thing to have a third? What if this one comes back as an option available for $80. It may not have all the bells and whistles as the other kits but still for some it may be a great deal. What's the harm in that?
[/b]

I agree with you. I have no problem with fair competition. I am well aware there are already at least 2 places to get static burst amps. Hyper's basic trooper amp costs $152.00 and another place costs around $205.00. Hyper's basic kit already does 3 adustable voices and has feeback cancellation algorithme. The other only does one voice for $205.00. Who's charging too much?

I have no probelm with the other guy existing. In this case which amp is worth it is your choice. But with these facts does it make sense to insinuate that Hyper's stuff is a rip-off, and doesn't listen to customers?
I see a lot of this definately happening and that is what bothers me.
You get what you pay for.

What I find unfortunate is every single possible product mentioned in this thread has been attempted to some degrree by Hyperdynelabs. Attempted with a lot of sweat and passion. Yet not much understanding is given for these products existing? When a little more thanks and support should be given. I don't know if he gets looked down upon by his fellow engineers like it was mentioned in this thread. But if he is that's pretty sad. Trying to develop cutting edge products at a certain caliber without losing your shirt is a daunting task. Developing products for geeks knowing that one can easily be paid more developing something more practical for a bigger market. Developing products despite the fact they go mostly unappreciated.

Is everyone aware that props are as small niche market?

I presonally only have one Hyperdyne product. I can't afford to buy every one of his products. But I know if I could every one of them is well worth it's weight in gold. It is very obvious where every penny went. Whatever is left will hopefully barely make a new and more innovative product that goes unappreciated. To maintain all these products under one roof is very difficult. I just hope he's still around to keep on innovating and pushing the envelope.

"Other" engineers have no desire to break into this arena, because there is few support for it. It's clearly obvious by how we treat Hyperdyne. Would you break into a market that sees a lot of complaining about the worth of your work? Or that you can get paid more elsewhere with very little complaint about it's cost? Also
your asking engineers to simulate fake technology that doesn't have real pratical use. They don't see microwaves, x-ray machines, cars, refrigerators, or airplanes. They see toys for overgrown boys. Which is simialar to trying to make lingerie for nuns. (I apologize to the prop collecting nuns reading this) :angel

Finding someone that's willing to do that work when no one sees it's worth is a rare combination.

Heh.. Customers will always want twice as many features at half the price. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Anima @ Mar 30 2007, 11:56 PM) [snapback]1451950[/snapback]</div>
I'm with Darth Lars, on the versatile sound board. I'd love to see a package with speaker outputs, some flash memory with a USB interface for adding sound files from a computer, and some way to configure the package to trigger different sounds with the tripping of different switches.

A USB mp3 player/flash-drive is halfway there already, but there's no way to set those up to play certain sounds on demand with a single button-press or switch-toggle. Not a problem if there's only one sound, of course. (Maybe a mod kit for a common model of USB mp3 player/drive would be the best way to go?)
[/b]
Not just sound, but also lights, including the ability to drive high-power LEDs (such as Luxeons) and maybe a camera flash.
You can find some cheap sound boards.. but it is not common for them to be very versatile, and they are often too large to fit inside blasters.

I don't think either of the 2 options available are overpriced im sure they are priced fairly by both individuals in line with development and production costs.
As anyone that produces any product will testify though there are numerous variables that can effect the production cost of a product.

Is it too late throw in a request? I was wondering if this is something that could be done?

These electronics for a photo illuminator. (Electronics photos are Matt MunsonÂ’s (Matt I will take these down if you want me to.)
munsonii.jpg

munsoni.jpg

a1db_3.jpg

I would vac-form / scratch build light boxed for Enterprise PADDs if I could get my hands on the electronics and lighting for it. I wouldnÂ’t even need the same switch if that were not possible to match up.

The real bottom line here, egos bruised or not, is that not everyone can afford every item offered on this board. Honest well thought out competition for a product, even if it is lesser and has less features for a cheaper price is a wonderful thing for some people. It adds an option for a member or a very tight budget. None of this will in any way effect other vendors. Their products are not the same. (at least we assume they aren't identical). Time will tell. This new suggestion sounds far simpler and less expensive to make than the higher end products already offered around here.

Honestly, I don't see a conflict nor do I see any reason why any member would think less of another vendor in this situation.

I've seen no jabs at anyone by this author of this thread. I've just seen folks get all worked up over nothing. Everyone relax, not everyone wants the same products around here.

Oh and one other thing that would be nice, a cheap alternative package for all of R2's sounds and lights. I'll likely end up going with Hyperdynes setup for my own R2, but then again, I'd like to see if there are other alternatives. I'm all for simplicity when it comes to electronics. I know tons of R2 lovers out there who want a simple cost effective option. Obviously, some of these folks have already spent their budgets on the R2 itself...........and have very little left over for electronics.

an item's value is only based upon what you believe it's worth for you... Not what someone else believe's it is worth...

Peace all,
Dave :)

I wasn't aware that "hoping to try and find a budget version (as in less features) of electronics" was equivalent to calling other people's electronics rip-offs.

The maker of this thread doesn't mean that, and the majority of people posting in this thread don't mean that either. All the stuff going on in this thread really isn't aimed at insulting any other RPF members here...

... and if there IS someone who is, then i suggest taking it to the PM.

Anyways, any updates on this project? :)

The only update is that the engineer is working on it. I just purchased a few components for him that he speced out. It is a spare time project so it will be slow going. I will inform you will any significant updates.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back