Which Cap shield is better?

Johnnyb

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Which metal Captain America shield is the better purchase between the Marvel legends 75th anniversary shield or the cattoys shield? Or is there a better metal one in the same price range ($300ish)?
‘Thanks.

I only have the Hasbro Legends and it is beautiful, heavy and with an excellent paint job.
If you can find one for a reasonable price then I would get the Hasbro Legends metal shield.

Good luck.

I like all of them!

I've had/have a Hasbro Legends 75th, King Arts and Cattoys. They all have pros and cons but are all also beautifully done.

The Hasbro is one of the larger ones, it has really nice paint awesome leather work. What I personally didn't enjoy was the lighter shade of blue around the star.
shield_front_hasbro.jpg

The Cattoys is one of the more affordable options, it's full metal, darker shade of blue, a tad smaller and less quality leather handles. I do think it has the nicest of the metal finishes for the silver ring though.
shield_front_cat.jpg

The King Arts is what I opted to keep and the most expensive of the ones I've had, it has nice colors (for my taste) with a black accent between each ring and a nice weight.
IMG_20180917_231629.jpg

It was hard for me to decide, but I'm sure you'll be happy with any of them!

Thanks for that write up, it helps a lot.

I like all of them!

I've had/have a Hasbro Legends 75th, King Arts and Cattoys. They all have pros and cons but are all also beautifully done.

The Hasbro is one of the larger ones, it has really nice paint awesome leather work. What I personally didn't enjoy was the lighter shade of blue around the star.
View attachment 843338

The Cattoys is one of the more affordable options, it's full metal, darker shade of blue, a tad smaller and less quality leather handles. I do think it has the nicest of the metal finishes for the silver ring though.
View attachment 843339

The King Arts is what I opted to keep and the most expensive of the ones I've had, it has nice colors (for my taste) with a black accent between each ring and a nice weight.
View attachment 843340

You can see a screen-used Captain America shield along with cosplayer shields if you look at photos from the 2018 Marvel photoshoot at Dragon Con. I don't know which film the shield was from though, but the blue is quite light. If you can't (or will not) access Facebook, you can find high resolution photos from this shoot on Flickr as well.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155387008161511&set=a.10155386941156511

Yeah, I know there was one on display in 2010 that had that lighter blue.
PHFQEG5uZds7JG_1_l.jpg

I do believe they redesigned them as the movies went on with darker color schemes but I haven't attempted any screen matching to figure out what's closer to what.
vmmk42kmmya11.jpg

You can see a screen-used Captain America shield along with cosplayer shields if you look at photos from the 2018 Marvel photoshoot at Dragon Con. I don't know which film the shield was from though, but the blue is quite light. If you can't (or will not) access Facebook, you can find high resolution photos from this shoot on Flickr as well.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155387008161511&set=a.10155386941156511

I like all of them!

View attachment 843338

View attachment 843339

View attachment 843340

Is it me or is the blue area/star bigger on the Marvel Legends 75th one?

Also, I have the King Arts one, which I love, and a Cattoys plastic one which looks surprisingly nice. I was wondering if the Metal Cattoys one has the different rings on different levels, like the plastic one has, where some rings are higher than others, bumped up or down a bit?

Also, I have the King Arts one, which I love, and a Cattoys plastic one which looks surprisingly nice. I was wondering if the Metal Cattoys one has the different rings on different levels, like the plastic one has, where some rings are higher than others, bumped up or down a bit?

You are correct.
The Marvel Legends 75th shield has a bigger blue center and star compared to what it should be

I don’t have the Cat toys but I have the efx, the 75th legends, the King Arts Ws, and several brother foster’s, as soon as I’ll have them on hand I’ll give you some photos to compare if you want!

I don’t have the Cat toys but I have the efx, the 75th legends, the King Arts Ws, and several brother foster’s, as soon as I’ll have them on hand I’ll give you some photos to compare if you want!

Chris Field’s is the most accurate so far, almost impossible to find and really expensive!

I would love to see the comparison pics. I did a review on one I had bought on Etsy, which had several problems, and I have a different one coming from Shield Labs now, and was going to do a comparison on that.

I also have the King Arts and the ABS Cattoys one currently. We need one giant review thread of them all.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back