Why are Persians wearing Greek armor? 300: Rise of an Empire / Troy

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
I know... I know... it is JUST a movie and no one cares, but it made me laugh to see Eudorus' armor (Eudorus was one of Achilles commanders in the Trojan war) from Troy slightly reconfigured as the armor for Artemisia's Generals; General Artaphernes and General Bandari. I don't know if these were pieces left over from Troy or if the leather makers simply reused the same design, but we have already seen Eudorus' bracers in Wrath of the Titans, which leads me to wonder if there were a LOT more copies of Eudorus' armor made than used in Troy and are now being pulled out for other movies. Anyway, for those interested, here you go.

300-troy-costume-cross-over.jpg

Got some news this morning about these pieces that make me pretty confident that these ARE Eusorus' armor.... not completely sure how I feel about that as it seems that they have been irrevocably altered. From what I was able to see in Troy, Eudorus has three sets of armor. I have one set and two other sets can be seen in 300:Rise of an Empire. Now, there is no proof that Eudorus ONLY had three sets, but that is all I could ID... and if two have now been modified, that means I have the only one that hasn't. Part of me likes that thought and part of me hates the idea that those other two sets are lost forever.

Look at this way that you have the one and only for Troy. Now there are only 2 out there for 300. So instead of being not so special copies to super special since they all became rare versions.

It looks like the shoulder pieces are simply tethered on, but that was just at a glance. Very interesting to see that they crossed them over, but I guess to hollywood, ancient armor is ancient armor.

Now find me Ajax's armor!!

Yeah... the shoulders are just tied in place. However, unless it is just covered, it looks like they changed the bottom significantly. :(

And I'd be talking to Stephen at Prop Store about Ajax armor. He was the one who was able to get me the Myrmidon armor!

Well to the name of your thread, it has been historically reported that Artemisia routinely employed greek "camoflage" in her battle tactics, often running greek colors and armors during battle to fool the greeks, it was recorded (a few accounts) that it worked very well.

They just didnt explain it in the movie.

Good find tho, good eye...lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back