William Shatner to Visit a Star Trek TOS Fan Film Set in Ticonderoga 2019

Bandit959

Up in Ticonderoga, NY there's a full scale replica of Star Treks TOS set as it existed in Desilu Studios. It was used for a series of Fan Films that took known as Star Trek: New Frontiers and later Star Trek: Phase II. After Paramount issued a set of fan film guidelines, they decided to open the set up for guided tours.

In June, William Shatner will be visiting and doing the convention thing. He has signed autographs in his quarters previously, so I guess he'll do it there again. I've been wanting to go for 4 years now and maybe I'll do a serious road trip. Some of the prices are crazy ... $1400 for a guided tour of the set with Shatner. Autographs are $80 and photo op is $160. Info is here https://www.startrektour.com/

Full disclosure .... I don't work for them and I'm not associated with them in any way other than follow them on twitter and FB.

Looks like he had a good time the first time he did it.

I’m sure the money helps put him in a more jovial mood as well! :D

The set tour is awesome, they have done an amazing job. If you are not into paying the prices for Shatner, they are open most of the year other than a few winter months.

The set tour is awesome, they have done an amazing job. If you are not into paying the prices for Shatner, they are open most of the year other than a few winter months.

It sounds like it was worth the visit! I'm jealous! It's been on my list to visit for years and it's about a 4 hour drive from Boston. Great for a weekend summer trip. I keep trying to convince my wife that it would be fun to visit Fort Ticonderoga (knowing her appreciation of history) ... BTW let's spend an hour touring the Enterprise before we head home. She hasn't bought into it .. yet. ;)

Out of curiosity,was James Cawley your tour guide?

Oh yeah the tour is a must for any serious TOS fan.

I have not made it yet but I am sure that set looks a thousand times better than it was in reality, ie, the real Stage 9 on the lot in the 60’s

It sounds like it was worth the visit! I'm jealous! It's been on my list to visit for years and it's about a 4 hour drive from Boston. Great for a weekend summer trip. I keep trying to convince my wife that it would be fun to visit Fort Ticonderoga (knowing her appreciation of history) ... BTW let's spend an hour touring the Enterprise before we head home. She hasn't bought into it .. yet. ;)

Out of curiosity,was James Cawley your tour guide?

Cawley was there but was not our guide. We have interviewed hime in the past for our podcast. An interesting guy and so dedicated to TOS.
Lake George is about 45 min away a great summer vacation spot. We spent a few days there before hitting the tour.

It's a Must see Meca for TOS fans. GET THERE! I saw Shatner the first time he was there. My advise is skip his tour get a lower cost tour, and an autograph, the set is fantastic, it is like you're walking onto the Enterprise. I've been 3 times.

IMG_7387.jpg

IMG_7389.jpg

IMG_7529.jpg

It's a Must see Meca for TOS fans. GET THERE! I saw Shatner the first time he was there. My advise is skip his tour get a lower cost tour, and an autograph, the set is fantastic, it is like you're walking onto the Enterprise. I've been 3 times.

View attachment 989910

View attachment 989911

View attachment 989912
Thanks for posting those shots and the sound advice. I'm close enough that I can do it in a day and for teh autograph I just might.

Oh yeah the tour is a must for any serious TOS fan.

I have not made it yet but I am sure that set looks a thousand times better than it was in reality, ie, the real Stage 9 on the lot in the 60’s
Looks like I might have given you an idea for a summer road trip. ;)

Cawley was there but was not our guide. We have interviewed hime in the past for our podcast. An interesting guy and so dedicated to TOS.
Lake George is about 45 min away a great summer vacation spot. We spent a few days there before hitting the tour.
Thanks for the tip about Lake George. Maybe I'll use that as another selling point for my wife. ;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back