[WIP] Started my Iron Man suit. But need some advise/help (pics inside)

Inuakki

Hello folks,
this is my first try to replicate/build something this...size :p When I saw the first Iron Man Movie...it flashed me. Then I saw the third Movie and fall in love with the Gemini Suit. I wanted a [classic] suit since I was a kid. So I started to create one. But I am not experianced enough with the materials :X

I started to papper pep something like a Hand or even the Helm of Iron Man. So I created "zabana"'s Iron Man Hand.
Next I tried something new as material (Polystyrol 1,2mm) for the Fingers (till now only 2 parts of the pointy ^^°, due to missing material(will continiue later)).
DSC_0446[2].JPG
DSC_0447[1].JPG
(pep Paper Hand with Polystyrol Finger segments)

Then started to work an a Polystyrol Helm, since the material is quite nice.
DSC_0443[2].JPG
DSC_0444[1].JPG
DSC_0445[1].JPG
(Polystyrol Helm)

As you can see...WIP. Till I am not sure how to finish *sigh* Had the idea to fill the whole Helm with rips and then fill it with bodyfiller.
Do someone has an idea?
It started as a Mark 39 Helm (I love the colour plate), but I think I will make my own Version of the Bleeding Edge Suit :X
So I will make scetches from scratch for the foam build.

So here is my next questing: I got these foam plates (children playground) in 8mm. Is it wise to use hot glue gun or silicon gun? to glue them?

Hope you can help me and maybe like this rough start.

Greetings and thanks
Inuakki

Attachments

• DSC_0443[1].JPG
    DSC_0443[1].JPG
    590.7 KB · Views: 91
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back