WonderCon Anaheim 2019, March 29-31

PumpMag

WonderCon Anaheim 2019, March 29-31
Anaheim Convention Center

If you are attending WonderCon 2019 this year, I encourage you to purchase your tickets now. As history has repeated again, Saturday single badges have already Sold Out. I look forward to seeing you, my fellow RPF members there.

http://www.comic-con.org/wca

Got my badges for Friday and Saturday!!

By the time I realized they were on sale the full passes were all gone.

Chief Hopper on Friday, Dr Jones Sr on Saturday.

See you there! Richard

We'll be there, but we're thinking this is the last con we're going to hit, maybe ever. We're just too old and frankly, cons aren't that much fun anymore. Not like the old days.

We'll be there, but we're thinking this is the last con we're going to hit, maybe ever. We're just too old and frankly, cons aren't that much fun anymore. Not like the old days.
I get you. I'm also getting a bit burnt out on the con scene at times. The crowds and lines get to be a bit too much. Costs have increased as well. I have a great fondness for attending the previous Star Wars Celebration Conventions but I'm skipping SWC 2019 as the passes sold out instantly and I missed 2017 as well. I really miss going to the Star Wars Conventions but at the same time I don't miss it.

Got my badges for Friday and Saturday!!

By the time I realized they were on sale the full passes were all gone.

Chief Hopper on Friday, Dr Jones Sr on Saturday.

See you there! Richard
I plan to be in my Judge Dredd uniform on Saturday, I hope to find you and get a photo if I spot you on my patrol!

I get you. I'm also getting a bit burnt out on the con scene at times. The crowds and lines get to be a bit too much. Costs have increased as well. I have a great fondness for attending the previous Star Wars Celebration Conventions but I'm skipping SWC 2019 as the passes sold out instantly and I missed 2017 as well. I really miss going to the Star Wars Conventions but at the same time I don't miss it.

There's no real point to going to conventions these days. You used to have to go because the dealer's room was the only way to find rare things. Today, you can have everything shipped to your door. Most of my celebrity friends have retired from the con scene or died so there's no one worth going to see. The panels are all retreads and getting in the door for most of them is virtually impossible. I don't give a crap about autographs. We go and by the third day, we're so worn out we can hardly move. Most of the time, we've just been leaving early because we're bored. So why bother?

I had an awesome 3 days at WonderCon. I expected probably a patrol of 2 or 3. We had 5 judges making arrests on the exhibit floor! I carefully gathered Intel and found out that about 4 artists that I liked were going to be there. I prepped ahead of time and brought some my comics with me and got them signed. One of my favorite panels was the Cobra Kai panel. The original William Zabka (Johnny Lawrence) and Martin Kove (John Kreese) from Karate Kid were there. It was a great panel, Billy was especially funny with his quick witty responses and Martin was pure joy to hear from and fun too. 2 of the younger cast members and writing team were there. The comraderie really shows. They genuinely looked happy to be there!

Also, I found many people there I knew every now and then when I walked around in or out of costume for the 3 days including many RPF folk!

55939437_2830998640245327_3694795077227380736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

The MC02 Judges visit 2000AD SciFi Special artist, Tula Lotay at WonderCon 2019

...we're thinking this is the last con we're going to hit, maybe ever. We're just too old and frankly, cons aren't that much fun anymore. Not like the old days.

I didn't start going to Cons until I was 59 years old, just two years ago. So the Con and Cosplay scene is still new to me. My problem is that I don't know anything about Cons in the old days! So I won't be burning out anytime soon, I don't think.

In any case here's the Indy meetup we threw together last minute on Saturday at WonderCon. The whole rest of the day we kept meeting other Juniors! We could have had 8 or 9 of them.

W7Tp4QD.jpg

The Junior on the right, next to me (I'm Senior) was the Property Master! He showed up with all those props that we're holding.

Attachments

• wc201911.jpg
    wc201911.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
So I went on Saturday and I missed the Indy meetup... :( Always wanted to do one of these. Also I see my picture for the Stargate already kind of got done, but I'll post mine here anyways from Saturday.

ZUiPuSh.jpg

I didn't start going to Cons until I was 59 years old, just two years ago. So the Con and Cosplay scene is still new to me. My problem is that I don't know anything about Cons in the old days! So I won't be burning out anytime soon, I don't think.

I've been going since I was 8 years old. That was a solid 45 or so years in a row.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back