X-Files, The

Anyone know the dimensions of the wallet id? I've been working on it in illustrator. It's close to being done, but I don't have it sized correctly. I've just been tracing over the image in pixels size, which definitely isn't correct.

Attachments

• badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 128
I have checked around and everyone tends to avoid that question for some reason.
I ended up finding some ID wallets that are close to the finished product. So far the cards I got on ebay are pretty good aside from the pictures. But they are a little small when I put them in the wallet. Seeing as how the originals were custom made I assumed this would happen. Here are some pics of the ID that I have in the wallet I found. again, not sure what the original measurements were but its something at least.

20170425_081133.jpg20170425_081300.jpg20170425_081434.jpg

Here is a full view of the wallets/cards I am working with...

wallets.jpg

Attachments

• 20170425_081035.jpg
    975.1 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures! I hadn't found these yet.
I got my badges in finally and I am very happy with them. Once I get good images of the ID photos and enlarge the ID card all I will have to do is get a piece of leather cut out to replace the one in the ID wallet I have and I should be done.

badge 2 sm.jpgbadge sm.jpg

Attachments

• 20170516_081433.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 86
  • 20170516_081423.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
I've been trying to find better pics of the wallet photos myself. The blue colour on the badges are bugging me though because I'm getting slightly different hints depending on the pics.

Been working at this in illustrator again. No where near perfect. It's mostly finished, but I still don't have the exact dimensions for the IDs. I have it at 6 x 3.5 inches, but it might be too big. Can anyone help?
BadgeWIP.png

I`ve found this, and there`s a ton of badge around for sale. The most are not original, and so the size isn`t that acurate, but here i`ve got the dimensions from original.

https://www.invaluable.com/auction-...r-prop-fbi-badge-and-creden-345-c-ca48c2b47f#

Than check the item overview, and there you`ll have the dimensions for the card, not the leather wallet but the actual card.

So you where realy close whit you`re calculations, on the size in you`re last post.

I have this replica. The badge is a production used one, the wallet itself is a replica. I can take measurements it that would help...

Badge01.jpg

I`ve found this, and there`s a ton of badge around for sale. The most are not original, and so the size isn`t that acurate, but here i`ve got the dimensions from original.

https://www.invaluable.com/auction-...r-prop-fbi-badge-and-creden-345-c-ca48c2b47f#

Than check the item overview, and there you`ll have the dimensions for the card, not the leather wallet but the actual card.

So you where realy close whit you`re calculations, on the size in you`re last post.

Thanks! So it iooks like it's 4.25 width.

I have this replica. The badge is a production used one, the wallet itself is a replica. I can take measurements it that would help...

View attachment 772159

If you can please. Just want to double check a bit. I'll post the templates once I'm satisfied.

I have an original, your dimensions is correct although some margin are more or less wide cutouts (because there have been many models depending on the season and even the episodes) the blue frieze is still the same size.

Bests

C.

Good job, just a quick note, it seems that you have problems with the printing of the letter I which is in bold, of what is visible on your PDF.

Best

I just made an impression quickly, as much for me everything seems very good!

I recently finished two additions to my collection, more so upgrades. First is an updated catalogue card for Scully's implant from Redux/Redux II. After watching the episodes again on blu-ray I noticed more details that needed to be added. and the second is a screen accurate Season 6-9 picture frame for the Samantha photos from Mulder's desk, which I recreated in Photoshop using screen caps from DVDs and Blu-rays.

Redux.jpgSamantha.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back