Announcement You spoke, We listened! - Junkyard V 2.1

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
As many of you have noticed, we are rolling out another revision to the junkyard, with ALL of the changes made having been suggested by YOU!

Here are a list of the things we have changed in this revision:

• Changed the look of the index page, increasing the size of the images and text to be more easily readable/viewable
  • Added views, posts and last response to index page.
  • Changed the layout of the listing page to be better utilize space and have better flow.
  • Removed the option for OBO (and no, we will not discuss that one any further... ;))
  • Added search to thread pages
  • Added search to index page
  • Added the ability to change the number of listings per page. You can now choose 24, 48, 100 and 200 listings per page.
  • Added the ability to switch back to list view if you do not like the grid/thumbnail layout (to access this, go to settings, then looking for Settings under "MPS Classifieds" on the menu on the left. Check the box and you will get the old and boring list view).
  • Added the ability to choose currencies other than dollars (GBP, EUR, AUD)
  • Added a "dimming" effect so you can recognize thread you have viewed vs those you have not.

We have a final few visual tweaks to make but for the most part, this is complete.

We will be doing one final pass on the Junkyard/Sales system in about a month or so and then will consider it complete.

If you have any suggestions, this is now the thread to post them in!

It's been mentioned before, but I'll mention it again: It would be nice if project runs got the same love that the junkyard got. I know you were concerned about not having images for things like INT threads, but I think people could provide an image if asked...

It's been mentioned before, but I'll mention it again: It would be nice if project runs got the same love that the junkyard got. I know you were concerned about not having images for things like INT threads, but I think people could provide an image if asked...

I agree that it would be nice. I don't know if it is feasible given that EVERY run is different. I can tell you it won't be high on our list, but we will revisit it and see what we think.

No problem, just finished a complete site redesign, I know the list can get long and you gotta say stop at some point.

Could you remind me why I couldn't sell my project runs in the junkyard, I can't remember what differentiates the two. Because I do see people selling multiples of one item in the Junkyard...

Thanks again, can't wait to see the new responsive site!

No problem, just finished a complete site redesign, I know the list can get long and you gotta say stop at some point.

Could you remind me why I couldn't sell my project runs in the junkyard, I can't remember what differentiates the two. Because I do see people selling multiples of one item in the Junkyard...

Thanks again, can't wait to see the new responsive site!
Selling an item in the Junkyard requires that the item is already made, in-hand and available to be shipped immediately. The Project Runs forum covers the complete prop/costume run process (gauging interest, compiling an interest list, showing a prototype, getting commitments or deposits, and shipping the items as they are completed). Newer members considering doing a run are encourage (through the greater requirements to sell in the Project Runs forum) to just go ahead and make the items and sell them in the Junkyard as they are finished and in-hand... hopefully cutting down on the chances of that member getting overwhelmed by the complexities and difficulties that can arise from doing a run. After getting some experience and feedback through the regular Junkyard process, the transition to doing larger runs (if desired) should be easier.

Any work on the ability to post larger (non-thumbnail) images through therpf interface? It would be nice not to have to use photobucket everytime...

I have a question. I just listed my first item for sale in the New Junkyard and it seems I can't go back and add more pictures. Also, I can't use HTML or post images in the description or the conversation area. I can just post a link to an external gallery. :/

I was wondering if there is a reason for this... were these features excluded on purpose?

You're allotted four pictures you can attach to the listing. If you want to add more pictures, put them in the next post in the thread.

Yeah but for some reason it won't recognize the html code to display the image... I can only post a link. In this case I started the thread with only one image and wanted to add more images after I got home... when I tried to edit the listing I could not edit the photos... only the text.

If there is not a specific reason why html was disabled then I would request that html be enabled so that people can display an image link to an external gallery. They look much better than just a text string.

Also, I would request that when you edit the listing then you can add/replace photos, however, I suspect that this might have been disabled on purpose to keep sellers from changing the photo after the sale has gone through to 'keep people honest'.

I see that showing 24 items/threads is auto-selected - and my screen shows that 24 is showing in the drop down menu - but, it only shows 23 items for me. The last row only has 3 items showing.

Any work on the ability to post larger (non-thumbnail) images through therpf interface? It would be nice not to have to use photobucket everytime...

I have a question. I just listed my first item for sale in the New Junkyard and it seems I can't go back and add more pictures. Also, I can't use HTML or post images in the description or the conversation area. I can just post a link to an external gallery. :/

I was wondering if there is a reason for this... were these features excluded on purpose?

Yeah but for some reason it won't recognize the html code to display the image... I can only post a link. In this case I started the thread with only one image and wanted to add more images after I got home... when I tried to edit the listing I could not edit the photos... only the text.

If there is not a specific reason why html was disabled then I would request that html be enabled so that people can display an image link to an external gallery. They look much better than just a text string.

Also, I would request that when you edit the listing then you can add/replace photos, however, I suspect that this might have been disabled on purpose to keep sellers from changing the photo after the sale has gone through to 'keep people honest'.

I see that showing 24 items/threads is auto-selected - and my screen shows that 24 is showing in the drop down menu - but, it only shows 23 items for me. The last row only has 3 items showing.
We are aware of all of those issues and are working on solutions.

In regards to the bullet point "removed the option for OBO..."

Does that mean I as a buyer am free to negotiate price with a seller?

Only looking for clarification.

attachment.php

:lol:lol:lol

j.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back