Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition

A couple Power Rangers 2017 thigh armor pieces by Weta.

DsEMdkaVAAAiTXL.jpg

Wow that was fast Art. I just saw you asking about this on Facebook and you already have one! Looks very cool displayed like that. Congrats.

PROMETHEUS: Wall Sculpture + Ampule

I got these three decorative wall sculptures/tiles from Prop Store 4 years ago.

ALIEN has been one of my absolute favorite movies since childhood, so when Ridley Scott returned to the franchise with PROMETHEUS, I was very, very excited.
I love the movie, and the fact that so much of it was filmed in camera, with real sets and props. The props are extremely detailed - and I knew I had to get some for my collection, when Prop Store began offering them.

This is one of two identical sets seen in the movie. Both sets are located on each side of the bar in Vicker’s (Charlize Theron) quarters on the Prometheus.

The tiles are made from resin and solid fibreglass, so they’re quite heavy.
The surface is pitted like real stone and is painted to look like dark gray granite.

I’ve never seen the other set come up for sale/auction. So maybe a cast/crew-member kept it, I don’t know. But would be fun to know where it went, maybe someone here got it?

The Medium-sized Ampule is from the Head Chamber, and it’s the same size as the one David takes. I got this one from Prop Store as well, 5 years ago.

It’s made from hard foam and resin and is hollow. It’s got a very detailed paintjob going on, imitating the unique metallic multi-color surface you get with raku clay burning. (The hero ampules were made from raku) The weathering looks like a kind of corrosion.

These are the only screen-used props I got, so far. But I love them, and it’s fun to own something that you’re able to point out in specific scenes. :)

558C0814-3B1A-4CC8-8D74-28E9237490E9.jpeg

7DC02D84-2A3B-4D54-8809-96CA09EE7EF2.jpeg
FE06C678-8F3A-49C6-BB4C-4F35938BA094.jpeg

CEB753B4-C50F-4543-BC99-135813D27865.jpeg

Last edited:
Over the last year or so I've been adding storyboards and such to my collection. Recently I landed something that has quickly become one of my favourite items...

View attachment 854855

It is the on-set production work-book of Walter Martishius, the Set Designer for T2.

View attachment 854856

It has over 100 pages of production notes, hand-drawn sketches, floor plans, schematics, contacts, to-do lists, production stills, etc.

View attachment 854857

View attachment 854858

View attachment 854859

View attachment 854860

View attachment 854861

View attachment 854862

View attachment 854863

View attachment 854864

View attachment 854865

View attachment 854866

View attachment 854867

His notes mention all the big players - Arnie, Linda, James Cameron, Stan Winston and of course the T-1000

View attachment 854868

View attachment 854869

View attachment 854870

View attachment 854871

View attachment 854872

I even got a mention which was nice. :lol

View attachment 854873

Walter is quite the artist and there are numerous doodles and drawings throughout the book.

View attachment 854874

View attachment 854875

View attachment 854876

View attachment 854877

Sorry for all the pics, but I really do love this book and these were just some of my favourite pages.

Hope you enjoyed that peek into the mind of the T2 Set Designer.

Holy Crap!!! That is a piece of film making history. That is the inner working of film making and much more precious than any prop.

Yeah! Me too, they are beautiful, and add some style to the livingroom.

Yep, and easily ID’ed, as opposed to the ampule, which is one out of several hundreds. Would be great to know exactly which of the two sets it is though, but yeah.

I have a feeling it might be the set on the left, as the middle piece on mine is a bit scratched up..

In a deleted scene, leading up to the trilobite attack, Shaw enters Vicker’s quarters, she gets a drink in the bar, the engineer shows up and looks through the room, he finds Shaw and she attacks him with an axe.

During this scene, the middle and lower piece of the wall art are missing, probably been placed or thrown among the scattered books on the floor, leaving some damage to it. But it’s just speculation.

A6B7EFA5-3488-49EF-A640-39AEEBB935BF.jpeg

Love the wall art!! So easy to ID!

I have never owned a prop that was so small and simple yet was so significant (and cost so much). These are a pair of Walter White's iconic glasses from Breaking Bad. We have them with a COA from Screenbid who sold quite a bit of the Breaking Bad collection. We have dozens of original Breaking Bad pieces, but this is a hard one to beat. While we haven't screen-matched them yet, these would have been Season1-Season 2.

breaking-bad-walter-white-original-glasses.jpg

Screen used David Drawings from Alien Covenant. Not the most interesting sketches but both can easily be seen and matched to both the film and bts tested video. Really love having these

20181202_211531.jpg 20181202_212351.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_2491.JPG
IMG_2492.JPG
IMG_2495.JPG
IMG_2532.JPG
Volm Scout #4 played by Terry Heath from Season 4 and 5 of Falling Skies. Costume is complete and comes with the Volm chest armor marked for Terry. All of the major pieces either have the original tags or are marked for Terry.

It has been a pain since this is a non-speaking background character but I finally screen matched this costume to the Volm scout designated "little hood" within the fan community.

Screen used Ghost in the Shell Section 6 submachine gun (this was an original design, not built or modified from another gun like some others).

FullSizeRender-1.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

I have never owned a prop that was so small and simple yet was so significant (and cost so much). These are a pair of Walter White's iconic glasses from Breaking Bad. We have them with a COA from Screenbid who sold quite a bit of the Breaking Bad collection. We have dozens of original Breaking Bad pieces, but this is a hard one to beat. While we haven't screen-matched them yet, these would have been Season1-Season 2.

View attachment 982538
So did Magnoli nail them or what?

Just won auctions for a screen used spear from Immortals, a screen used mask from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny, and a set of armor from an unknown production.

Any idea on how to ID props from unknown productions?

Just won auctions for a screen used spear from Immortals, a screen used mask from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny, and a set of armor from an unknown production.

Any idea on how to ID props from unknown productions?

Congrats. Your best bet is to post photos and ask if anyone knows what the item is from. It is shocking how often someone will be able to ID an item.

I've gotten a bunch of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts graphic props, and a lot of Smaug's treasure from the second Hobbit film recently (plus some production stuff and stuff owned by Elijah Wood). Also one of the lightsaber battle rotoscoping sheets (hand-drawn) from the Empire Strikes Back. Love it. Got it all as gifts from a few people. Definitely gonna get some props on my own soon though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back