Alien: Space Jockey Chair

messfx

Hi Guys,

I am working on recreating the original space jockey pilot chair from the first Alien.

I recall that there was an exhibit at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood with the original chair. Does anyone happen to have any pics of this? I am really trying to find a clear side view if possible.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Steve

alienpremiere4.jpg

alienpremiere2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Willie. I was able to find these online too and they are very helpful. I actually have access to academy records but the pickings are very slim.

Thanks
-Steve

You can see some good shots of Julian Blooms recreation on Dennis Lowes site. You may need to watch his fan videos. Just Google it.

Richie

Took these photos from my Palisades Space Jockey. Just noticed how off the sculpt of the jockey itself is but perhaps the chair is spot on. Maybe it helps as reference. I like him for the pure size :love

Track down Giger's Alien book, there's a good section in there about the space jockey, including a number of his original paintings as well as on set photos.

Thanks a lot guys. These are all very helpful. I have screen-grabed some stuff from the bluray as well.

It turns out the academy did have some great shots that were unpublished. I have all of the angles I need.

Very much appreciated,
-Steve

FYI Brian Muir, who sculpted Darth Vader, also sculpted the chair and the giant telescope or computer the Jockey was looking through (or at). He worked with and personally knew Giger, and is a member here.

Man I love the Engineer/Space Jockeys their so ancient in the movie canon version of Alien and Prometheus.

Back