Spiderman suit shoes help?

Jokerjack350

I'm going to be purchasing a spidey suit from ebay, its made from lycra, its not amazing but its only for a fancy dress party :p, I need to know how to attach soles from shoes to the bottom of the foot.

Any suggestions?

yeah, i need help for this as well. at first, i cut out a pair of old diving shoes and glued the feet of my suit to the sole of the boot but it doesnt seem to work, and comes off easily. im exploring the option of sewing it together although its made of rubber.

Suggestions anyone?

yeah, i need help for this as well. at first, i cut out a pair of old diving shoes and glued the feet of my suit to the sole of the boot but it doesnt seem to work, and comes off easily. im exploring the option of sewing it together although its made of rubber.

Suggestions anyone?

I was thinking of sewing i know a few makers of suit who use aqua shoes and sew them on. I might try that

yeah, im thinking of doing that. im just thinking, shld i cut out the soles of the suit, or top of the aqua shoes.

ive actually got one of those suits. it is nice. but, the mask needs lotsa work. you can see the eyes and on top of that, the frames arent sewed on properly. and tends to flap up. thats why im actually trying to find eye frames and lens. been asking brad, though i know hes too busy to reply. oh wells.

as long as the suit has a faceshell, better frames/lens and boots. i think it looks good as a suit.

The method that I chose was to purchase some swimming shoes and cut the top off so that all I had was the rubber sole. Then I used some carpet tape and cut it out to fit the soles. Then it was just a matter of putting the costume on and standing on the soles for a minute. This held together all night without any real problems and at the end of the night I was able to carefully take the soles and tape off of the costume, so the costume is in perfect shape without any modifications to it.
The only bit of trouble I had was that the tape didn't stick well to an area of my foot that was a little dusty,and at the end of the night I found a bit of the sole near my toes weren't 100% sticking anymore, but this ultimately was not a problem. Next time I plan to make sure that my feet are clean before I stick them down.

Well on the new shoes from the new film, there "Asics -Men gel Dirt-Dog 3". You buy them, mess with them alittle bit and paint them you should have replica soles from the new movie.

I am facing the same issue this thread is highly useful please keep the info. coming.:thumbsup Do any of you who have already attached shoes to a sub dye suit have pics.and/or a video of the process?

Thanks for the link, Monty. This should come in very handy when I get to that step of my build. Another question...a little off topic...does anyone know of a website to get really cheap shoes? I'm doing the Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider, but I can't find any shoes with red soles. Scratch that. I can't find any shoes that I wouldn't feel guilty hacking apart simply for red soles. Not a big deal; I was simply wanting to maintain the overall red appearance of Scarlet Spider's feet.

I am facing the same issue this thread is highly useful please keep the info. coming.:thumbsup Do any of you who have already attached shoes to a sub dye suit have pics.and/or a video of the process?

Try to check my spiderman thread out. I used contact cement to attach mine to my suit.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back