Jason Costume...help?

TazVader

Sr Member
G'day folks,

I am new to the whole Jason costume things. I don't know which movie it's from but I like the version with the tattered hessian sort of jacket ect.....could some font of knowledge share some brands or contacts for this gear? I need to make this costume for a fan film. I want it to be decent though:) No standins I want the original brand/s ideas if possible. Pics are welcome if you have already done this costume:)

Regards
TAZ

G'day folks,

I am new to the whole Jason costume things. I don't know which movie it's from but I like the version with the tattered hessian sort of jacket ect.....could some font of knowledge share some brands or contacts for this gear? I need to make this costume for a fan film. I want it to be decent though:) No standins I want the original brand/s ideas if possible. Pics are welcome if you have already done this costume:)

Regards
TAZ

I believe you are looking for the Freddy vs Jason look.

The jacket in the movie is a custom made job constructed of burlap. The undershirt is dark blue and the sweater is a dark grey. The pants are dark grey as well and are custom made as well. They are made out of a polyester type blend.

When I made mine I went with my own version of the burnt jacket. I didn't want one made of burlap.

Here is my costume and some reference shots.
DSC00398.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

Copy20of20Freddy_Jason.jpg

freddyvsjason10.jpg

freddyvsjason20.jpg

39f.jpg

FVJ3.jpg

WoW!!!!!!! Stunning mate, simply stunning. Where did you get your hock and headpiece BTW? Did you weather the coat ect yourself? Tips?

Thanks muchly for the great help:)

Regards
TAZ

The hock is a Frightstuff made by Ken Tarallo (created the original) and painted by a really cool guy that goes by the name Ruste Dowg.

The undermask is from Ruste Dowg as well.

I did all the weathering on the clothes myself.

The dark blue shirt is from Michaels. The sweater is from RDD USA army surplus and the pants are actually female pants since they are the only ones that match the screen (except for zipper on front).

Visit www.frightstuff.com and in the forums you can see all the artists. My costume is in the costume forum there and I went into detail a bit on how I did it.

Awesome mate. I can't thank you enough for your assistance. I look forward to putting this together:)

Regards
Christian

Back