?? Riddler Staff ?? WIP

Jokerjack350

So a little back story... while doing my combine costumes I get a phone call from my older brother. His friend is having a fancey dress party and he needs a ridler staff from Batman Forever, Mr Jim Carreys staff.

So I got busy and this is my progress...

First I made a card template of the head of the staff...

PICT0082.jpg

Then I made multiple layers of card and wraped them in masking tape...

PICT0083.jpg

After that I lathered on some car filler and started to sand it flat...

PICT0086.jpg

More sanding and primering going down in lower grits of sand paper...

PICT0038.jpg

I then made the "nobbely" bit that conects the Head of the staff to the pole and glued them together and sealed it with some car filler...

PICT0041.jpg

After that I connected it to the pole....

PICT0046.jpg

PICT0056.jpg

next more sanding and primering then GOLD PAINT...

(anyone in the u.k know a place to get metalic gold paint PLEASE p.m me :D)

That's a great idea using cardboard to get the shape down. Looks really good so far can't wait to see it painted. great job dude!

THATS EXACTLY HOW I STARTED MINE!!!!! EVEN THE CUTTING BOARD IS THE SAME!!! but i tried to use plaster of paris :/ live and learn ha ill use your method now ha

great build

THATS EXACTLY HOW I STARTED MINE!!!!! EVEN THE CUTTING BOARD IS THE SAME!!! but i tried to use plaster of paris :/ live and learn ha ill use your method now ha

great build

Thanks man :) im going to try post some finished pic later, the person I built it for took it before i got a chance so il have to get my brother to get some:)

Car filler is nice and easy to work with, make sure what ever car filler you get that is easy sand :)

Never got a pic of the finished thing I'm going to email the guy I made it for and see if he can get a few for me.

would isopon p40 work

And I just googled the isopon and it should work I don't see why not :)

The stuff I used for this was "U-POL Easy Lite Body Filler "

But any type of polyester body filler should do the trick.
Also I don't use a mixture of carfiller and fiberglass resin on projects like this, much easier just applying the filler as is :)

Any more questions and I would be more then happy to answer them :).

Also btw I might be making plastic casts of the main "?" idol on top of the staff. (Depends if there alot of people that would buy one)

Back