Some custom C-3P0’s

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
Because I am a nostalgia monkey, I’ve been collecting the black series 40th anniversary, Star Wars, dolls in retro packaging.

IMG_7510.jpeg

I got the C-3PO, but I’m not a fan of the gold paint job. And since the package was cleanly opened when I got it anyway, I pulled him out and replaced him with my vac metalized bandai model.

IMG_7511.jpeg

So then, what do I do with the black series one that came in the package? Not to waste a good droid, I decided he needed a custom paint job.

I use the regular testers, gunmetal, gray, that I applied with a brush. I put on a thin coat to allow some of the gold undertones to still show through, and I think it came out, looking even more metallic.

I call him TC-42

IMG_7512.jpeg
IMG_7517.jpeg
IMG_7516.jpeg
IMG_7515.jpeg
IMG_7513.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7511.jpeg
    IMG_7511.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 23
Because I am a nostalgia monkey, I’ve been collecting the black series 40th anniversary, Star Wars, dolls in retro packaging.

View attachment 1804083

I got the C-3PO, but I’m not a fan of the gold paint job. And since the package was cleanly opened when I got it anyway, I pulled him out and replaced him with my vac metalized bandai model.

View attachment 1804085

So then, what do I do with the black series one that came in the package? Not to waste a good droid, I decided he needed a custom paint job.

I use the regular testers, gunmetal, gray, that I applied with a brush. I put on a thin coat to allow some of the gold undertones to still show through, and I think it came out, looking even more metallic.

I call him TC-42

View attachment 1804086View attachment 1804087View attachment 1804088View attachment 1804089View attachment 1804090
He looks like he did when Anakin and Padme took him from Tatooine.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back