NIKE MAG Knockoffs

Having recently rewatched the promotional videos for the original MAG auctions, it seems as though Nike does intend to release this shoe again, and with power laces. Tinker Hatfield says in the commercial with Christopher Lloyd, "not until 2015" and when he describes sneaker technology evoloving to being able to actually do what the film shoe does, he smiles and says 2015. The narrator even says Nike released the Mags "four years early."

I have a feeling their extensive toolings that were made in all sizes were for good reason. I think we will get something in a couple more years.

When did they officially say they would neve be released again?

Google Bob Gale MTV interview Nike Mags, enjoy.

If the 2015s were made to look exactly like the 2011s except with power laces... would that be considered a re-release or an "inspired" shoe with "unique designed features" ???

Quite clearly, yes :)

They will release a very limited amount of actual Air Mags again from the same molds, but with power lace technology for raise HUGE amounts for Parkinsons again. They will then release some more low profile Mag style trainers with power laces but they won't be the same as the 2011 limited versions.

It is their way of compensation for not having the shoes in stock. Besides, the MAGs are their most expensive shoes now, so they won't lose money if he takes something else.

Still, I don't know any company that would let you choose something more expensive than the product you chose. Fair enough if it's their most expensive product, but the wording still seems odd to me.

In other news, I've turned up some weird but interesting information about these sites.

First of all, as suspected, these sites are all owned by the same person. I did some whois info finding (for those who don't know, whois is the process of seeing who owns the domain of a website and their information, which is public by default), and found that they all use the same basic contact information for their fax and phone number.

2w7e9sz.png

So you should be safe buying from any of these assuming they're not all out to rip anyone off.

But that's not the weird part. The rest of the information (name etc) never makes sense. With this one being somewhat creepy:

2le52x4.png

as you can see, on this one of their sites, they have filled all of their information out with milw0rm. After Googling milw0rm I turned this up:

2w2n6h1.png

After then going back to check the information, the user uses an email address that is part of the domain milw0rm.tw.

I then visited their website, only to see this:

27yu8o9.png

I have no idea... Morse code? ASCII art? Overall this is very bizarre.

Edit:
After trying to translate the text, I decided to simply look at the source code of the page itself.
and it shows this:

15rinah.png

Last edited:
i had this problem with Lebronjames10.com site, i did quote the customer act around page 80-90 of this thread on how to get your money back, i would not settle for there option to pick another shoe especially after i said to them to just give me another shoe size, they still said they were out of stock so i demanded a refund and they told me 1-3weeks they would.

I have all the print outs ect so if my money isn't in my account by 13-11-12 i will go to my bank and get the money back, as i used Mastercard.

@ Taff83, when did you place your order?

I just checked my records and it has only been 13 days. It feels like it has been several weeks!

Time for another image bump :behave

here you go guys! the waits over!:behave:behave:behave

I'm not sure whats worth paying for these though?
I'm think i'm the first with these pictures, they actually went to the factory and took them, so they still might have been making them until the last minute!

mag1.jpg

mag2.jpg

mag3.jpg

mag4.jpg

Still, I don't know any company that would let you choose something more expensive than the product you chose. Fair enough if it's their most expensive product, but the wording still seems odd to me.

In other news, I've turned up some weird but interesting information about these sites.

First of all, as suspected, these sites are all owned by the same person. I did some whois info finding (for those who don't know, whois is the process of seeing who owns the domain of a website and their information, which is public by default), and found that they all use the same basic contact information for their fax and phone number.

2w7e9sz.png

So you should be safe buying from any of these assuming they're not all out to rip anyone off.

But that's not the weird part. The rest of the information (name etc) never makes sense. With this one being somewhat creepy:

2le52x4.png

as you can see, on this one of their sites, they have filled all of their information out with milw0rm. After Googling milw0rm I turned this up:

2w2n6h1.png

After then going back to check the information, the user uses an email address that is part of the domain milw0rm.tw.

I then visited their website, only to see this:

27yu8o9.png

I have no idea... Morse code? ASCII art? Overall this is very bizarre.

Edit:
After trying to translate the text, I decided to simply look at the source code of the page itself.
and it shows this:

15rinah.png

So basically, we are funding them?

@ Taff83, when did you place your order?

I just checked my records and it has only been 13 days. It feels like it has been several weeks!

It was 18-10-12 not 13-10-12 i placed my order.

so three weeks from the 18th Oct is 8-11-12, so pleased i payed by mastercard!

It was 18-10-12 not 13-10-12 i placed my order.

so three weeks from the 18th Oct is 8-11-12, so pleased i payed by mastercard!
It looks I bought on the morning of the 19th, right before they jumped in price. I used the same to pay so hopefully if this goes belly up, I can get my funds back as well.

Lucky the DIY route is do-able for me with these shoes :unsure

If i can remember off the top of my head you were order #26?

I was #27 so you should be ok but double check mate :)

Hopefully that will give you a little bit of peace of mind as i know at this stage it is comforting.

Yeah order #26.

This sounds like a repeat of what was happening with the V1s - place an or only to be told that they were out of stock. Whilst I was lucky last time, I know several were not. Didn't they learn from the last time that westerners don't like being messed around?

Thanks for posting those pics, especially the last one its perfect for comparing to my build at the moment :)

Oh Pitbull, can you tell me the thickness of the elastic? i heard it was 13mm, is that right?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back