89 Batarang and Smoke Capsules / Paragon FX Group

Paragon smoke capsules arrived last week. I'm very pleased with them! Pictured with Paragon's spear gun, the 89 cowl from Pure Arts, and the metal 89 batarang from Ikon. The Ikon batarang gets the job done and I appreciate the stand, but of course the sculpt has many inaccuracies. I'll swap it out for Paragon's if they ever make it (I'm going to will that thing into existence, Paragon!!)

Back to the capsules. Echoing what's already been said, they have a good heft to them and the subtle patina looks incredible in person. I used water + "Neon Blue" food coloring (Kroger) from my local grocery store and keep them in a leather valet tray which looks kind of Batman-esque. *It's worth noting that Paragon recently announced a universal stand which looks terrific and may be a worthwhile option for some.*

Well done, Paragon! (y)

Attachments

• IMG_4132.jpeg
    IMG_4132.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4117.jpeg
    IMG_4117.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 62
The '89 and the '95 Sonar are top of my list for Paragon FX to make.
Both would be great! In one of their YouTube videos they did discuss the challenges they sometimes face with licensing certain props, even for films they've already made props from. For instance, just because they got the licensing for the '89 spear gun and capsules, WB may not have granted licensing for the Batarang...or perhaps the timing isn't right if another company is also making one. And there could also be an intentional delay on Paragon's part, just to allow collectors time to recover from paying for the spear gun + capsules. *They discussed this in a very general way though and never specifically mentioned the 89 Batman props.

Both would be great! In one of their YouTube videos they did discuss the challenges they sometimes face with licensing certain props, even for films they've already made props from. For instance, just because they got the licensing for the '89 spear gun and capsules, WB may not have granted licensing for the Batarang...or perhaps the timing isn't right if another company is also making one. And there could also be an intentional delay on Paragon's part, just to allow collectors time to recover from paying for the spear gun + capsules. *They discussed this in a very general way though and never specifically mentioned the 89 Batman props.
I started watching Paragon FX's YouTube as well. They're doing tremendous work in a short amount of time.

I'll keep campaigning for the '95 Batarang but the '89 also be a no brainer to pick up.

I'm just not a fan of Ikons' version.

I started watching Paragon FX's YouTube as well. They're doing tremendous work in a short amount of time.

I'll keep campaigning for the '95 Batarang but the '89 also be a no brainer to pick up.

I think you guys are talking about this video (link below)

We started doing these a few weeks back. We have dozens of viewers! LOL! We joke nobody is watching them but our family so it's good to see a couple people have actually seen them. These are fun for us and just help break up the day-to-day monotony, plus they do give a little peek at what goes into landing some of this stuff. We don't take ourselves very seriously anyway, so they've been a nice way of connecting with our regulars in an unscripted warts and all format.

We plan on reaching out to some of you guys and inviting you on to discuss things in some episodes now and again. Anyway, let me know what you'd like to see and I'll make it happen. Keep it legal. ;)

Oh, and yes. We will begin releasing files for some of the displays we use around the office, shows, etc. Keep an eye on our Instagram for the heads up.

I think you guys are talking about this video (link below)

We started doing these a few weeks back. We have dozens of viewers! LOL! We joke nobody is watching them but our family so it's good to see a couple people have actually seen them. These are fun for us and just help break up the day-to-day monotony, plus they do give a little peek at what goes into landing some of this stuff. We don't take ourselves very seriously anyway, so they've been a nice way of connecting with our regulars in an unscripted warts and all format.

We plan on reaching out to some of you guys and inviting you on to discuss things in some episodes now and again. Anyway, let me know what you'd like to see and I'll make it happen. Keep it legal. ;)

Oh, and yes. We will begin releasing files for some of the displays we use around the office, shows, etc. Keep an eye on our Instagram for the heads up.

I literally just discovered the YouTube channel when looking for other videos to watch with my wife.

Its fascinating to me how the logistics of everything works when even attempting to get a replica made.

The fact that remnants of a sandwich were left on the Bat Shield just goes to show the ridiculous level of variables which can't be accounted for.

I already have talking points which would be great to hear about. Legal of course

To the average person, the Ikon 89 batarang looks the part but of course for us die hard fans we can easily spot the inaccuracies. I enjoy it as a display piece but as a tangible experience, it's just not something I ever pick up.

Just tossing the link in on this thread. We've started releasing free files for some of our in-house displays and will continue to
do so on misc items. Nope. We won't cut 'em and/or sell them. But, there are services out there if you don't have a cutter and
really, really want a given display.

Here's a cool stand for the 2022 Bat Glyph

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back