Another recent commission finished (literally just a few hours ago): ANH V3 Stunt. Took seven tries before I got a good clean cast. It's almost without pockmarks thanks to a new gating system I've been toying with. It gives me clean casts but it also hinders cooling on some casts, so I'm still left tinkering with it.

Cast in a356 aluminium.

20240505_175925.jpg

Last edited:
Is the emitter actually gray? Or is is worn flat black paint? Thought to tell in the reference photos being black and white?
Yes we have at least two photos showing the paint scheme. They’re not perfect but it’s easy to tell the drastic paint color difference. They’re in Halliwaxes v3 thread I think

Every once in a while in the movie you’ll see it too, if you catch a frame without the rotoscoping washing everything out lol

Why would the prop team paint everything black besides the emitter? Doesn’t make sense to me.

Even though some shots in the Death Star and the cantina show a more natural look, the Obi Wan saber at some point did look pretty black, and far away even moreso. It had a dark gold upper neck, probably the windvane, and the emitter was a scorched Inconel fitting, dark but more gray than the grenade body.

If you really simplify this… you’re looking at a straightforward color for the booster and grenade, neck color and then something to mimic the balance pipe

here’s a shot of the neck color during ESB choreography training

And yes, mine is also ANH, I copied some photos I was allowed to view, so make of my paint job what you will ;)

Attachments

• v3 6.jpeg
    v3 6.jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 26

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back