looking for help with a punisher costume

JDFett

I want to try and get a punisher costume together for halloween this year...looking to make somethign that looks real good...

any help on a source for the leg holster rig, type of boots, good quality black punisher t-shirt and pants would be helpful...

I checked the site and did a search but everything is pretty old and not sure about some stuff..I beleive he carried colt .45 semis in the movie and was looking for a thigh holster rig for one...found some okay shirts on ebay and i have rip stop 5:11 pants with black jump boots...
any help would be very much appreciated

Are you going for strictly movie Punisher? If not, then you can pretty much go with any soft of holsters or weaponry that you can think of. I made a punisher for Dragon*Con and did a mixture of Tim Bradstreet's comic art and the movie costume. I substituted dual shoulder holsters with Desert Eagles instead of dual thigh drop .45s. I did have a Beretta 92 in a thigh holster just for added armament. One thing to be aware of when looking for holsters, is make sure that whatever prop gun you are going to use fits. For example, I got my shoulder rigs to fit my Ruger.40 so that I could use it when I got shooting as well as the costume, but the Eagles ended up not fitting, so I had to seam rip and restitch part of the holsters so that the slides would fit.

I dug out my old punisher armory comics, and if a weapon exists, the punisher used it at some point in time. I went with the M4 with the 203 grenade launcher on it, as that was the movie weapon that he used in the final battle sequence. I also had a MP5 that I carried at times as it was lighter, and the punisher always would arm for the mission at hand.

As for a shirt, get a black T-shirt and a can of white paint. It will save you money, and you can get whichever version of the skull that you are looking for. Here is a picture of what mine ended up looking like. I painted mine onto a flak vest, as that makes it easier to change costumes, and if you are wearing it for an extended amount of time, you can change your t-shirt underneath, so you don't have to put back on a costume that just feels dirty. Hot Topic did sell a movie skull shirt that had the worn look to it, which is a pretty decent skull. I would suggest adding some white paint to the skull, and possibly a little stage blood to give it a more weathered look.

Here are a couple of pictures of how mine turned out.

normal_CIMG3254.jpg

normal_CIMG3115.jpg

thanks..keep the advise coming...i was thinking strickly movie punisher...i managed to pick up an airsoft today for dirt cheap...going for the thigh holster and possibly the mp5...I was thinking about a flac vest as well but do have a decent repro shirt on the way...i was going to use my work pants ive got..they are 5:11 duty pants but not sure how accurate they are..

anyone have close up of the boots...i have jump/police boots for now but will eventually like to upgrade the costume to on screen standards. Some day if i can convince my wife, Id like to get the leather duster...LOL

Go look at prop store london. They have the screen used costume on sale with nice reference pictures from about every angle.

If you want the Punisher '04 screen used drop leg holster its the Safariland 6004 model holster. I've got one if you need close-up pics. Best bet is used ebay for one, they were discontinued shortly after the film and I don't think they offer anything close in looks at the moment. If your just wanting a holster that is more of a universal costuming type drop leg holster. I'ed look at the Omega VI series from Blackhawk. It would look good for a Punisher outfit or any type of military costume including Stargate SG1.

For the colt 45's w/ compensators, get some cheap airsoft black 45's, mold the end of the slide to get a blank for the comps, cut the 2 vent ports in them & glue them on. Brownells also sells the 'blue' trainer guns if you want something resin.

I'm not 100% sure what make the small of the back holster is. A few websites/forums after the movie said it was a Bladetech SotB holster. But from the Propstore of London pics and a few movie cap's, the holster looks like its leather & close in appearance to the leather SotB holster that Blackhawk offers. The Bladetech SotB that I had found available back then was some sort of injection molded plastic and had a hole for a retention bungee strap/loop that I didn't see on the movie holster.

thanks cheech!

I won this on ebay...thought it looked pretty close...need to weather the skull a bit with some yellow/brown

de7a_1.JPG

also picked up a special order safariland drop holster...went through galls and picked up one for 170! they dont make them anymore unless you special order it..the closest one i could get was made for the colt 45 1911 (government issue 45) so im hoping it fits the airsoft rep i bought

If it was for the 1911 government model, it should fit pretty much any 1911 variant as far as the frame/slide width goes on an actual 1911 (I assume most airsofts stick close to the real weapon dimensions). It's been awhile since I've looked at the 1911 45 spec sheets & since I bought my last 1911 (kimber warrior edition), but the 'goverment' spec's usually had the wider frame/slide spec's of all the various versions out there. The only exception I can think of is the 50 cal GI 1911 and its not wider by much. If you plan to add the comps the only worry would be if the bottom of the holster is open, if the spec's say it will fit a longslide 1911 you should be golden.

I picked up an old flack vest for $60 at the local army surplus a few weeks ago. I haven't gotten the nerve up yet to try and RIT dye it black or to just try and use the Duplicolor or SEM fabric/vynl dye spray cans. Halloweens getting close so I need to try and get it done. Only other mod I really need to do is remove the shoulder flap pads & do the 'zap a gap' 2inch velcro on sides & shoulders... It should be semi passable/close to the screen version look then with the skull slathered on it & a few rounds plinked into it.

The holsters were not actually Safariland, they were another Kydex company custom made for those comped .45s. They used the Safariland thumb straps though. Safariland never made a holster for a comped .45

the Safariland does look the part though

hey...this is supposed to be a secret...LOL and no...the indy costume with the real 357 mag revolver was a one time deal...LOL no colt 45's in my possession at the moment, but man wouldnt that be something?:lol

For the colt 45's w/ compensators, get some cheap airsoft black 45's, mold the end of the slide to get a blank for the comps, cut the 2 vent ports in them & glue them on. Brownells also sells the 'blue' trainer guns if you want something resin.

can you ellaborate a little...im guessing that you are saying to mold the bottom inch and a half or so and pour a resin copy...gluing that to the end of the airsoft? did you do that and do you have any pictures of the process?

this is a 4.5mm pellet gun colt w compensator...a bit expensive...$214 per gun but its all metal and is a 1:1
airgundepot_1968_17433033

Last edited:
can you ellaborate a little...im guessing that you are saying to mold the bottom inch and a half or so and pour a resin copy...gluing that to the end of the airsoft? did you do that and do you have any pictures of the process?

this is a 4.5mm pellet gun colt w compensator...a bit expensive...$214 per gun but its all metal and is a 1:1

Here's a modified 'blue' trainer 45 from brownelles.

resinpunisher45.jpg

Basically the area in the green bracket... the end of the regular 45 slide. I threw in some of the cheap Alumilite 8hr silicone from Hobby Lobby to be able to pull a resin plug of for the compensator. The ends were then squared up on a radial arm saw at my parents house as well as the end of the resin 45 gun to remove the barrel/barrel pushing detail from the end. I had to finish rounding the bottom of the compensator (need the length of the it go to be about from the end to about where the rounded edge turns down and there's the lower frame lip). This resin pistol also has a casting from one of my 1911's mag well plates (from wilson-combat) and a wilson-combat magaizine end bumper screwed to the bottom. I planned to use my mill to cut the top compensator slots after the pistol was cast, figure it would help eliminate a chance of trapped air bubbles that way.

I never finished molding this pistol. My last order from Alumilite, they sent me a short dated HS2 silicone tub with the activator being 2 weeks out of date. I called them and was assured it would still be ok & cure fine, it didn't and then when I called to complain I was basically told to pound sand & I'd get no credit if I sent the unused portion back. I've got it all cleaned up and back in the mold box as you can see, its been that way for a year... just haven't time or a big enough order to justify a Smooth-On order. Probably wont finish it till I get the really bad zat gun cast my parents got me cleaned up and ready to remold. I want to cast the 45's and the zat in some of the smooth-on vytaflex rubber to basically have stunt versions.

Last edited:
airgundepot_1968_17433033

army barracks in salem ma has electric airsoft 1911s for $40. not all metal, but key parts (trigger, etc..) are. that's what the base for my serenity jayne pistol was...

i've been meaning to post up some pics of it, though it doesn't look much like a colt anymore.

army barracks in salem ma has electric airsoft 1911s for $40. not all metal, but key parts (trigger, etc..) are. that's what the base for my serenity jayne pistol was...

i've been meaning to post up some pics of it, though it doesn't look much like a colt anymore.

I've not been able to come up with any of these, but KWC used to make 2 airsoft 1911's (silver & matte black finish) that had the comps. You just had to buy 4 pistols and mix-match to get the base black with silver highlights. I never see them pop up on ebay & any place that lists them say's they're out of stock. Can find a reference link to them at thepunisher.com in the 2004 movie section, as well as some decent pics for reference. Another option may be to get one of the airsoft longslide 1911's and just modify them to look like they have the part line for the compensator, put the vent ports in, and modify the front end so the barrel bushng & barrel end is all flush.

Evolution Gun Works still does full profile 2 inch compensator blanks if anyone wants a real compensator, but they run @100 bucks. I've got one to get installed on a Kimber but I haven't squirrled the cash away to get it done. The 1 gunsmith I've found that will do it wants almost as much as I paid for the Kimber for labor/machine time.

Last edited:
in regards to his 2" web belt and buckle...anyone find a good source for that...

on another note...I got my safariland drop holster in...it's very close to accurate...the only thing that looked off to me was the tension nuts...on mine there is only one and his it looks like two...the other issue is my cheap pellet replica 1911 is way too big...they say 1:1 but i dont see it...have to look for an alternative....maybe i'll have to buy a real military surplus 1911..LOL

Alternative 1911 resin/rubber pistols here & here, both should fit fine since they're cast from actual 1911's.

I have no idea if the 2 inch web belt was off the shelf or costume dept made. It's not something that matches anything from Bianchi or Blackhawk currently or in my old catalogs. I'm just using one that I picked up at the local Army surplus store.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back