Master Chief suit.

Originally posted by pfcGentry@Aug 31 2005, 08:28 PM
Wow TK648 I cant believe they sent you that I have seen some of their armor in person because I live right down the street from them  but I cant believe it got that bad, plus the materials look different then what i seen....

What it it they used for your kit?

is it resin or vacuform? I cant tell (still learning)...

any ways sorry to hear and see they sent you such a horrible set there.

________
pfcGentry
[snapback]1069323[/snapback]​

It's slush cast resin resin,
When I emailed them about one of the shoulder bells weighing in at two pounds and being at least a quarter inch thick, I was told that a dremel and a half hour would fix the problem
the other shoulder bell weighed one pound, and of course they nested the heavy one inside the
lighter one for shipping, which warped and cracked the lighter one

tk648

what resources do you have on Slush resin ? I cant seem to find any where that sells it.

EDIT: I alos found this is this a decent tutorial or an idea on how it works? giver take a few things...

Slush Casting

or TK648 if you have a great tutorial and a few ideas could you PM me with them.

Thanks in advance.

________
pfcGentry

Originally posted by pfcGentry@Sep 1 2005, 08:58 AM
what resources do you have on Slush resin ? I cant seem to find any where that sells it.

EDIT: I alos found this  is this a decent tutorial or an idea on how it works? giver take a few things...

Slush Casting

or TK648 if you have a great tutorial and a few ideas could you PM me with them.

Thanks in advance.

________
pfcGentry
[snapback]1069615[/snapback]​

The ideal slush casting resin should be like paint so it clings to your mold walls
and does not kick to quickly. I seen that tutorial you posted I never care for aluminumlite
resin. PolyTek makes a resin called Polygel below is the discription
I have not tried this yet so I cannot give an opinion on this product
I am not crazy about the three min gel time 5 to 7 min would be better
POLYGEL® FEATURES:

* Tough, with high strength
* Good grease and oil resistance
* Fast - one day parts
* Easy 1:1 mix, by weight or volume
* Good adhesion between coats
* Good dimensional stability
* Long mold and shell storage life
* Color coded mix indication

Polygel® Plastic-75 thickens to a paste with a 3 minute working time. As the liquid components of Polygel® are stirred together, the mix changes color and thickens to a buttery, non-sag paste. A shell can be built up in two or three coats, each applied about ten minutes apart, so a strong, lightweight mold shell can be made in less than an hour and demolded in about 4 hours.

Well what slush resin do you use?

And is therer any tutorials on here that i can read, bc I want to try to scult the armor in clay first then make a RTV Silicone mold of it from that them use the Slush resin?

is that the correct way to do it?

Originally posted by pfcGentry@Sep 1 2005, 03:04 PM
Well what slush resin do you use?

And is therer any tutorials on here that i can read, bc I want to try to scult the armor in clay first then make a RTV Silicone mold of it  from that them use the Slush resin?

is that the correct way to do it?
[snapback]1069817[/snapback]​

You will want to use a sulfur free clay, to do your sculpts
if there is sulfur in the clay it will not allow the silicone rubber
to cure at the surface where it is in contact with the clay
and you will end up with a big gummy mess.
goto this site
Smooth-On Mold making tutorials
There is alot of good info here on mold making.
smooth on has a good mold making video or dvd for $19.95

I have been trying to make my own slush casting resin using
polyfiber (from polytek) and different resins from smooth-on
One other way to go for slush casting is using fiberglass gelcoat
you can find it here
Fiberglast
I seen a demo at a convention with this material being cast into a fiberglass mold
it seemed to coat the mold very nice, I do not use it because i cannot stand the smell of
fiberglass resin or the catalyst.

If you want to stick with urethane resins for sluch casting remember that you cannot
let the first coat of resin set up fully because the next coat will not stick to it.
the first coat of resin has to still be tacky to the touch but set up enough that it will not
run off the mold walls when the second coat is added.

I found this site on a google search, there seems to be alot of good info here
it is a forum board and one guy has a huge list of links for tutorials
Talk about shop

Hope this helps

TK648

Any speculation on what the Halo 3 armor will look like?

If possible, can someone point me to Halo 2 armor references? (I tried the "guide books" and they were of no help) ...even just background on the story of Halo. Anyone read the books? :p

Originally posted by pfcGentry@Sep 3 2005, 02:03 PM
Did you look at my Refrence Guide zip file, the Nightmarearmor pictures are all for Halo 2.
[snapback]1070917[/snapback]​

Yea...check out PFC's halo zip file he had a few that I did not have.

TK648

Originally posted by TK648@Aug 31 2005, 05:32 AM
So they were
Unable to keep up with demand and got sloppy, I guess that explains why I got this the way I did. (see link to pics below)

One of the other reasons I heard right from the sculpters own mouth in a G4Tech Tv interview.

G4    How long did it take you to sculpt the armor 
NA    It took three months :confused

Wow a whole three months,

I would like to hear from one of our own Talented sculptors here on the board,
How long would it take to sculpt a suit of Masterchief armor from head to toe

I beleive I got one of the last suits that they made. 

Link to pics below

I can barely sculpt to save my life, but I know good sculpting when I see it, I don't see it here

My Armor Nightmare Kit

I would like to re-work the helmet and make it look more like the helmet on the figure
However I do not have the patience to do that :(

TK648
[snapback]1068745[/snapback]​

Wow...that kit is pretty bad. Nightmare used pics of another groups armor at one time on thier website....claiming it was their own. They are a bunch of hacks if you ask me. Sloppy work. But that's my .02 Up close thier armor looks like it was sculpted from playdoh.

still need the in-game 3D model from Halo 2...

need Master Chief and the Plasma Rifle/Brute Plasma Rifle (if possible, scaled to the magnum)

optimally I can take the 3D model and move it around and zoom up on anything I want in any angle. as far as software, I have a viewer which should be good enough.

thanks..

I'm trying to make a 1-month deadline for the Mark VI armor. I know that's ridiculous, but I'm going to try.... at least before Halloween. But I need the 3D models.

Does anyone know anyone who might know someone who's cousin does Halo modding? :lol

thanks.

thanks, I've tried that as well as a few others, but so far no cake. :(

I've also been trying other boards....... seems to be a dry well, and the deadline gets closer.... closer....

After a long search I still couldnt locate a 3d file for halo2.
I did find This but its way too basic to use and they charge for it :confused ...

Correction...No you dont have to pay for this model pack,you just need to register.

yeah, I've seen the turbo squid one, but it's just too basic... there's better detail with the action figure. :unsure

thanks though.

Originally posted by RICHIES ARMOR@Sep 23 2005, 06:21 PM
theres no way you can build it in a month
[snapback]1082776[/snapback]​
I'll sure as hell try. :D

When I get the 3D model, I'll let you guys know... clock me. ;) (I predict 4 years, 3 months, and 14 days.)

Originally posted by synasp+Sep 23 2005, 09:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(synasp @ Sep 23 2005, 09:18 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-RICHIES ARMOR
@Sep 23 2005, 06:21 PM
theres no way you can build it in a month
[snapback]1082776[/snapback]​
I'll sure as hell try. :D

When I get the 3D model, I'll let you guys know... clock me. ;) (I predict 4 years, 3 months, and 14 days.)
[snapback]1082800[/snapback]​
[/b]

I have the 3d model of the halo 2 version, but not the texture and bump maps that go with it.

:cry

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back