Original Return of the Jedi Stormtrooper Helmet

Propstore (and I'm addressing the company, not any one individual), I find it interesting that you condemned Joe for selling that first helmet to you without telling you about the molds he took from it, but it now seems like water under the bridge since he just bought from you guys. I guess that must have balanced the scales. I get it, it's a business.
And no offense, but don't you have a vested interest in this helmet being authentic since it was sold by you? Tell me if I'm wrong, but if it were to be proven otherwise, wouldn't your COA obligate you to give Joe a refund?
Forgive me if I feel that your opinions cannot totally be impartial.

Now when it comes to photos, authenticating details etc.. that's another story.

I'd like to first start out by saying that I never stated my claims about Joe as fact, only that they were what I believed to be true based on my interactions with him as well as the history of his ROTJ replica project.

Now that it has been confirmed that Joe's helmet was sold to him by Propstore, it is clear that this is not a replica made by him and I'm sorry for pushing that belief.
There were several factors that led me to that belief such as the knowledge that he had cast his original helmet before selling it off. Another was the claim of him possessing an original ESB helmet which never materialized, combined with the push for trying to prove that the ROTJ helmets were created for ESB. Add the claim of another original ROTJ helmet that just happened to be unfinished (where a good deal of authenticating details would have been present) and I became more than suspicious.

That being said, I still am not convinced of the authenticity of this helmet.

Screen used: I seriously doubt it. It would take a screen match, or at the very least a still or on set photo clearly showing at least one non detailed or painted helmet for me to consider the possibility.

Production made: Possibly but a good part of the authenticating details are missing to be able to make a solid call. I have a list of tells that I can list as well as post pics of if you will commit to showing pics of yours after I post them. That way, you are not revealing anything new, since I will have done it first.

What do you say? I hope you can see that his is also in your interest as well as any potential future buyers.

Let me know and I'll start posting them up.

Last edited:
Man, like I said and was attacked for; This argument is a non-starter. Joe (Sorry for using your first name) is not offering up casts of this particular helmet as far as we know.

To continue being impartial, we have seen no proof backing up your claims when you made them. Your reasons for not sharing are your own. Your pieces spoke for themselves. The images were good enough for me. Others have backed up Joe's claims as well. We have no proof beyond what they say as well. Aside from the squishy nature of the helmet, I am willing to accept that as being good enough for me as well. His people have had their hands on this piece whereas none of us have.

I like GINO and enjoy having his input here, so I am going to ask him to shelf this argument. It's pointless and detracts from the piece.

I don't think it is fair to drag PsoL through our argument. I would prefer to keep this discussion private, but after you publicly posting all my previous info I am weary.

Can you pm me Gino?

Joe

So that is it?

Gino says 'I'm Sorry" a few posts back and that is it?

After the crap that has been thrown the last 24 hours. Just a "I'm Sorry"?

What hypocrisy

The welding scene was shot, but at ILM against bluescreen. It consisted of 2 stormtroopers with hand welders, probably intended as a quick insert.

Brandon

Seriously though, can we see some more detailed photos? Not for continuing the debacle, I just wanna see more photos. Can you take some from 6 feet back and zoom in? :lol Seriously. :)

I was saying in the other thread that this helmet is the different version ( of the two versions) than Joe's 1st helmet.

Keith.

Joe and I agreed to continue the discussion over on SWP. It is a lot smaller/private forum and hopefully will be more comfortable discussing the more sensitive points.

It's become about placing/defining this helmet now. Anything personal checked at the door.

IMO they molded two ANH/ESB helmets to make the ROTJ helmet. One mold was left as it was, the other was cleaned up and had new ears made. Maybe the ears were missing off the helmet that one they molded?

Keith.

The welding scene was shot, but at ILM against bluescreen. It consisted of 2 stormtroopers with hand welders, probably intended as a quick insert.

Brandon

I figure this would have been a cutaway of the Death Star II under construction. Were they using welders like Chewie used in SW ESB or something different?

Don't suppose you have a photo to share?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back