Previous Free paper-prop threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have a couple random requests if anyone is looking for inspiration.

While its not the first movie you would think of for props, the Eviction Notices in RENT stick out in my mind

rent-evictionnotice.jpg

These are the things that are getting burned and thrown out of the windows in the opening street sequence:

rent-burningevictionnotice.jpg

Also, in the same scene, there are posters all over advertiseing Maureen's show (Benny is ripping these off the walls)

rent-maureenposters.jpg

Anyways, yeah, its kind of random, but what can I say, RENT is a guilty pleasure of mine :$

This image might help...it's not exactly like the one seen in the movie, but it might help with some of the details. Looks like there are a few similiarities.

Sweet.

The small text looks similar. That looks like the hardest part about making one of these up. I may auctally be able to read that one, heh.

Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DuneMuadDib @ Feb 19 2007, 06:20 AM) [snapback]1421800[/snapback]</div>
Been working on this the past couple nights, the full version of the Aerelon soldier photo from BSG:
aerelon-tease.jpg

The one currently floating around online scanned from the Companion is only about 80% of the full image, cropped on all sides, mostly the top and right. It was a massive pain to overlay that on top of a screen cap and fill in the gaps. Not perfect (I'm not a pro graphics guy after all) but it's good enough to go on my wall and share.

Scaled at 8"x10" with trim guides for the corners and edges :)
LestWeForget.jpg

[/b]

AWSOME.......................................

I had been looking for this prop for quite some time, I will print it and post it on my prop room now.

Thank you very much, and let me tell you that you did a great job there.

Thank you again.

Gus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mechamaniac @ Feb 19 2007, 09:35 AM) [snapback]1421986[/snapback]</div>
I wonder if they're ever going to explain the origin of that picture... :(
[/b]

Deleted scenes bonus material on DVD set. ;)

D6

Here's a little something I whipped up on Photoshop last night. A Kord Omniversal Research & Developement pass. Just fold in half and stuff into on of those name badge thingamabobs.

C'mon. With a screenname like "blubeetle3", you just had to know it would be Blue Beetle related.

kordpass01.jpg

I just wanted to throw out a thanks for the Kord pass.
While ironicly it is for one of my 2 least favorite characters in the DC universe (the other being Booster Gold.) Nothing personal man, really...I just hated the whole slide of the Justice League into a comedy group years ago, and have never forgiven anyone...but that is a discussion for another day. :)
I still appreciete any comic props that show up, They are few and far between.
Thanks for the work, blubeetle3.

"hi i have a request dresden files buisness card"

i'll see what i can do (i certainly wouldn't mind having one myself)...though if anyone else wants to take a crack at it feel free....skott

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mtsbspidey @ Mar 10 2007, 09:02 AM) [snapback]1436579[/snapback]</div>
"hi i have a request dresden files buisness card"

i'll see what i can do (i certainly wouldn't mind having one myself)...though if anyone else wants to take a crack at it feel free....skott
[/b]

I made one yesterday with accurate fonts. If you want a copy just PM me w/ where to email it and what format you want it in (pdf, jpg, etc.).

~ Don D'Ablo :angry

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mtsbspidey @ Mar 10 2007, 10:27 AM) [snapback]1436628[/snapback]</div>
here's mine...i think don's is better...though i do prefer it without the scifi channel web info ;)

dresdenfilescard.jpg

...skott
[/b]

I will probably get rid of the sci-fi info as well when I print mine out.

~ Don D'Ablo

yo to all i have 2 Request dresden files "the Astounding Dresden" poster
{Ep 1 i Think}
sorry no pic and this from hollywood land

440e_1.JPG

Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KnightAsylum @ Mar 9 2007, 07:32 PM) [snapback]1436115[/snapback]</div>
I just wanted to throw out a thanks for the Kord pass.
While ironicly it is for one of my 2 least favorite characters in the DC universe (the other being Booster Gold.) Nothing personal man, really...I just hated the whole slide of the Justice League into a comedy group years ago, and have never forgiven anyone...but that is a discussion for another day. :)
I still appreciete any comic props that show up, They are few and far between.
Thanks for the work, blubeetle3.
[/b]

"Different strokes for different folks."

I LOVED the JLI era. Like a lot of others, you categorize the whole run as "comedy", but, forget the dramatic stories like the Gray Man story, the Despero storyline, the Teasdale Imperative, etc. In fact the lighter tone tended to set up the more dramatic stories, making them even more jarring (as opposed to the current "crisis of the month" approach").

But this is a paper props thread, not a comic discussion one. So, here's Ted Kord's business card:

kordbc01.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dark Knight @ Mar 11 2007, 08:05 AM) [snapback]1437342[/snapback]</div>
yeah on ebay thought it looked good
[/b]

On the one hand, I didn't really care for "Hollywoodland", but being a huge Superman fan, not to mention a big Reeves fan (www.myspace.com/georgereevesmemorial), I'd like to see oneof these as well.

The guy oneBay was evennice enough to supply the dimentions: 26 1/4 x 32 1/4.

I can probably work up the fonts, but the pic is another story...

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back