Real Parts On Denix LeMat "Boo" build

Hirohawa

Sr Member
Hi

About to embark on a Boo build on a Denix. Besides the Cavalry Trigger guard has anyone replaced any other Denix LeMat Parts with real steel counterparts? Specifically I am thinking of the Cylinder, Trigger and hammer.

Will these parts even fit? I know real LeMat wood grips don't fit, and wondering if I will run into same issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Wish I could help but when I did my conversion I just machined the add on parts and kept those parts as is. I probably will get around to accurizing the cylinder but not a priority for me. Let us know what you decide to do and please share the process here.

Hi

About to embark on a Boo build on a Denix. Besides the Cavalry Trigger guard has anyone replaced any other Denix LeMat Parts with real steel counterparts? Specifically I am thinking of the Cylinder, Trigger and hammer.

Will these parts even fit? I know real LeMat wood grips don't fit, and wondering if I will run into same issue.

Thanks in Advance.
My Boo pistols, including pics of the pieces, are in the first post of the second page of my collection thread.
The close up of why real Pietta grips don't fit, shows that the triggerguard mates up pretty well.

As far as Pietta mechanism parts fitting, I'm inclined to think, "no". It should be easier to modify the Denix pieces. The hammer should be painted to replicate a case-hardened finish, and the cylinder should have a groove machined around the circumference to mimic the split cylinder that allows using cartridges rather than black powder. Other than those two changes (plus the triggerguard and Boo add-ons), the Denix makes a pretty good Jayne Cobb replica.

Good luck with your build!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back