RED 4 - Hero X-Wing with machined armature (motorized)

Re: Red ? Building a pyro with hero wings (haha)

Wow! :eek I love those machined armatures. Gives every model such a professional feeling.
lol just 8 hours for 1 wing...I´d need at least twice at long! :lol
Will it be motorized? Would love to see the mechanism for that. :)

Re: Red ? Building a pyro with hero wings (haha)

Thanks Dan,

Yeah it will be motorized, I'll post some vids once all is done :)

I'm looking for enough material of Reynolds and Holgate bricks (ref #1014) to complete my wings. If you have some to sell, let me know !

Last edited:
Re: Hero X-Wing with machined armature (motorized)

Why not contact Jason for the manual alloy get up? Itll be a killer piece, and i can attest the guys involved in this, well, there work is second to none John!
Its being designed to fit the V3 anyhow, so no major surgery would be needed....just some tweaking...talk to J bud!

lee

Thanks again for the info ralfee.I will give jason a jinle,but I'd like to secure the kit first if I can afford to get it.I'm not sure how to find/contact Mike though?

Hi JPolacchi,

If I could afford either, I would snag the armature before picking up the x-wing. The window for getting armature will be a lot smaller, and a much smaller edition size.

Just a guess.

-DM

How can I get in touch with Jason?With some of these handles in here....sometimes I don't know who is who.

Yeah guys, sorry, I received some PM's, but those armatures (ROTJ AT-ST and X-Wing) are not to sell, I mean they are just one-off.

Jason will offer an X-Wing armature soon though so stay tuned ! :)

I think you should buy right now the V3 from Mike and wait for the armature !

Your PMs are a testament to the quality of the work, man! It's awesome!!

This is just a thing of beauty mate, you are doing incredible work with this X mate. Let me know when it finished & I'll send you my shipping address (I wish).

A bit OT but not OT as well.... A friend of mine whom I work with, said to me yesterday that he'd found an old Star Wars magazine at his mums house from when he was at school, he's mid 40's so its quite old, & asked me if would want it? Thinking it would be a tatty old comic or something I said yes but didn't think it would be anything decent...... Boy was I wrong. Its a 77 page mag all bout behind the scenes with tonnes of ILM workshop photo's in it. Some are quite common but there is quite a few X shots that I think aren't that common. I haven't had a chance to go through it with a fine tooth comb yet but when I get home I'll scan stuff if I think its new Ref. Its all B/W print & not high quality shots but still a great magazine.

Many thanks Guy ! Wow that would be great to see those new pics ! You're lucky =)

I'm following Beaz's way since I always thought the halves of the engines of the original x-wings were cast :

r4-31.jpg

A step by step of how I built my engine intakes :

r4-32.jpg

r4-33.jpg

r4-34.jpg

r4-35.jpg

r4-36.jpg

r4-37.jpg

r4-38.jpg

r4-39.jpg

r4-40.jpg

In place with bluetak :

r4-41.jpg

Pic of the engine master awaiting for the last bits :

r4-42.jpg

Hey guys,

Here a vid of the wings opening/closing.

The wings tilt around the pipe because the whole mechanism is not fixed to the pipe nor to the fuselage yet.

I have to slow down the speed.

WOW!!. Awesome demo in vid mate, that is a thing of beauty to be sure. Keep up the great work and these fantastic updates. :eek
Stu

Thanks guys, actually I worked slowly on it since I'm working in the same time on the Sebulba's pod.
I hope to finish this before the end of the year !

I have a question guys, what were those paper thin plates on the Airfix cans ? I dont think it's styrene or other plastic because there is no lips due to the cuts (Ive never seen them cleaning the lips on the edges of what they cut lol), and there is no glue mark (another ILM's trademark :lol).
Could it be some adhesive paper or some kind of tape ?

Any clue would be greatly appreciated !

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back