Question Registration closed? (answered)

Nwerke

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi folks,

A friend has been trying to register, but is seeing a 'can't do at this time' message. Have we gone back to occasional registration periods? I thought it was all comers, these days; there seem to be plenty of new August members yet he's been having this problem for weeks.

I did search on this topic - apologies if my search-fu has been inadequate!

Cheers,
Martyn

Here are the two possible causes for that problem.

1) At the first step of the registration process, they are entering today's date. As requested, they need to enter their birth date.

2) They have a site preferences issue. They need to clear their browsers cache and cookies, then restart their browser and try again.

Thanks guys. I did suggest he clear his cache, but I tried it myself and had the same problem. It'll be the date thing - my eyesight is deteriorating, and he already wears glasses. If I hadn't been told there was a request to enter one's birth date I'd never have found it - for me, the text looks identical to the background unless highlighted. Montagar, can I assume that's an anti-bot measure?

Actually it appears to be a problem with one of the color templates. We are looking into. It does depend, to a certain extent, on what type of monitor you have and your contrast/brightness setting as to whether or not you can see the text.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back