ROTJ Vader light saber

Re: ROTJ Vader light sabre

Absolutely fantastic!
I've been out of town since Fri. morning with no internet access. Figures.

Pic of the other side, sorry it's blurry, I didn't take it. I found it in the archive section of the museum curators web site

saberside2.jpg

Uh oh, a BLUE wire on that side! Amazing!

:)

Seriously, this is awesome.

That means that this is the first time that side of the saber has ever been shown. It also means that all this time it was assumed that that side of the saber mimicked the other side which has a white and brown wire.

It's quite the discovery.
Of course we have the possibility that the brown wire was replaced with the blue one, but all things considered I don't think so.

Actually upon further inspection, it appears that the 'front' side has a reddish brown wire and a GREY wire, not white as previously believed.

It would be nice to get a close up non blurry version of the 'back' side to confirm these colors.
Better yet, how about just a whole lot more close up photos including a shot of the bottom end.

Last edited:

We need to get some high res pictures of all angles. This is a 'Vader Holy Grail find' so we really need to archive this thread.

Does anyone else see a broken grip in that picture? I guess this helps solve the plastic versus rubber grip material debate. Now for the big question - if this is the real deal, was the break there during filming (and do we need to replicate this feature) or after?

Judging by the promo pics--- no cracked grips nad no screws-- I would guess and say the cracked grip happend AFTER production.

The screws were probably added late ESB or ROTJ.
Their positioning is very similar to those on the Luke ESB "Ranch" saber.
Both sabers may have even had the grip screws added at the same time (maybe they couldn't keep the grips on in ESB).

Great news about the blue and white wire!!

That just further confirms to me that this is THE original Vader ESB saber.
While checking reference a few days ago I noticed the blue wire in an ESB photo. I kept it to myself waiting to see if the museum saber would have it. :)

VERY exciting!

d3po2u - This is one of the major Darth Vader lightsabers and we've never seen this much detail before and this clearly.

Great catch Chris.

Is there anyone who lives in the vicinity who can go and take some decent shots?

WOW! :eek
Are we saying that this is likely a Hero saber from all three OT films?
Obviously ESB and ROTJ, but ANH too?

-Rabittooth

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back