Star Trek XI METAL shirt insignias!

Oni, I know your bud was on the set and he said they were metal, but MAN! These hero badges sure do look like silicone. Plus it would make sense as silicone wouldn't pull down the material as much as metal would. Do you sppose there is any chance that just the main players had silicone ones and the background chatacters had the metal, as those could take more abuse/wear and tear exchanging amongst extras?

I guess its possible but hes 100% sure that the insignia he was wearing was metal. He says he cant speak for what the principles were wearing but the 'extras' were wearing metal.

Oni, I know your bud was on the set and he said they were metal, but MAN! These hero badges sure do look like silicone. Plus it would make sense as silicone wouldn't pull down the material as much as metal would. Do you sppose there is any chance that just the main players had silicone ones and the background chatacters had the metal, as those could take more abuse/wear and tear exchanging amongst extras?

A piece that size made of machined aluminum would be so light it wouldn't pull on the fabric and show any disernable weight. So I'd say them being metal is more plausible than you might think.

Here's some pics of the real ones, from one of the other threads. The command version is photoshopped from one of the others, but should be pretty close. Kudos to the original poster, great catch!

PossibleCommandInsignia.jpg

NewSciInsignia.jpg

NewEngInsignia.jpg

-Sarge

I´m hating myself for actually getting my hopes up for this movie...... Remember, it IS an odd-numbered Trek Movie....

That being said, I want a Puma like that too!

Sarge,
The first pic of the three you posted above (the command badge) is wrong. It's a photoshop of what the Command badge might look like based on the Sci and Eng badge. The actual Command badge is below...
d26_1280small.jpg

John

made mine this weekend. laser cut aluminium...

CIMG5006.jpg

they still need some finishing, but I think it's ok.
not a perfect match, but close enough for me...

If NakedMoleRat doesn't mind, I'd really be interested in a set if offered by Laubi.

thanks for the kind words. I just asked my friend, who laser cut the insignias for me (I just draw them and wrote the program), if he is willing to produce more. If so, we'll see what it will cost with shipping etc... just hope he can produce some more ;)

Oh.............come on Laubi! How much pursuading would it take? I am sure he can do it!!! Moral support! Moral support! Moral support! Come on RPFers! Moral support!

I talked to him and he said, that he was a member ont he RPF, too and wanted to start an interest-thread. But his account was deleted...

But if he is willing to start an interest-thread, I think the chances to produce more of these are not so bad *g*

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back