Stop Motion Studio ESB AT-ST!

ralphee

Sr Member
Hey guys

OK well mine begins here too, thanks to Jason i was able to verify some of the cuts made to the KV1 hull.
Going to try work at the basic head shapes in the AM and trim up some of the other parts, then look at getting most the head built while me and the group wait for our alloy armatures.
Its so tempting not to paint any of this replica and show it off..naked :redface.
The Lang wheels are just tacked in place as there not ready to be fitted as yet, back the the ID grind lol.

bests......lee

Last edited:
Re: ESB AT-ST scratch!

Great job bro !
Very clean !
Maybe I found the parts which go under the lang parts, correct shape at least, maybe too small... I let you know !

Bro ive been looking for those, i had a hunch they may be from the Matilda, but im not sure, its so hard to see in the ref, and its so damn annoying when one more part pops up...im feeling Jasons pain in this area LOL.

lee

Now that looks cool Lee. I think it would look great unpainted. It would be good to show off your nice clean work!

Thanks Andrew, just dont look too close LOL. Bro thats a shame, ill get a pic of the Matilda part i had a hunch on anyways for you, but the more i look at that, the more it looks like a dead end....bah lol.

Got the Matilda hull part cut spot on, maybe a tiny tweak to the fender area, but now itll serve in getting the head top plate bang to rights!

lee

Awesome work! As soon as I finish the Monarch I'll get back on mine :)

Hopefully Monday!

Small update on this, with the help of my peers in the group, namely Julien (tox) and Allan Hansen ive managed to come up with a head profile im now happy to work at....three styrene heads were built to get to this lol, its pig of a shape to nail compared to the ROTJ, IMO.
Ive taped some of the parts to the styrene to give you an idea, but there is still so much to do clean up and trimming wise.
Trying my best to get as much done as possible by the time my alloy armature arrives, thanks again to Allan H and Jason Eaton in geting this rolling.

A few shots of the overall shape.
Shaping the tusks begins here.

Test fitment of a part that remains unnamed at the moment, just to get a handle on the way it needs to be cut/sanded!
More to come soon.......lee

Last edited:

That looks awesome Lee. Can't wait to see the rest.

Thanks guys, but its the nature of the group thats got me this far, you all rock!
Isel, thanks man, still blows my mind now how well your build holds up to the new ref and even dimensions...and you did that from what?....Two pictures?
I see now, IMO, this IS the harder profile wise to nail, its a pain the butt with its conflicting curves/angles and not to mention the props wonky beaten up appearance.

lee

Quick update, and a shot of primer here and there lol. Its not to the mm accurate, but then i cant build it like the prop either, so i guess im "herofying" it, is that even a word? lol, if not im patenting "herofying" :lol

Hope you like guys, more to come soon as there is still LOTS of cleaning up and trimming parts to fit as close as possible!

lee

Last edited:

It will never be exactly the same. I know I wouldn't want it to be. Especially with how beat up it was. Yours will be better than the original..lol

Looks great.

Isel

Kc, thanks man, looking forward to you starting this one off buddy!

Isel, cheers bud, i made a small improvement last night, i angled the backplate to bring it more in line with the prop, it was Allan and Julien who brought it to my attention, and it looks heaps better!

I do feel it WILL be better than the prop, just in terms of a stop motion, thats also a shiny spanking hero display model, so im going for symmetry and neatness all over lol, no wonky heads and glue gun blobs here as its being mounted to one hell of an expensive armature lol.

lee

Bro that's awesome ! As always very clean work, no seam lines, no glue blobs, how do you do !! It will be a great inspiration for mine, even if I go with a true reproduction of the prop, only the left side finished !

Congratz bro ! It will fit perfectly the alloy armature. :love

Ahh Lee you bring shame upon my house that you are still working on this and I am alas....NOT

Great work buddy, you are really getting this one down

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back