The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Just wishing someone had a big effects props star lord jacket size L to sell.

I've been trying to work with whitesheepleather in changing the reds for me. No luck yet.

Last edited:
I actually found an original kit, (no hardware), on ebay. I'm expecting it in the mail soon but, what I'm really needing now is the buckle. I have been in touch with the original manufacturer, (Makefast in the UK), and they told me that it has been discontinued but they will look in drawers cupboards and other boxes to see if they can locate another one for me. NICE people!
Crossing my fingers but, in the event that this Buckle can't be sourced through them, if anybody has one that they have never used, I am in need of two of these... let me know.( that, or let me know a suitable replacement other than cobra)

I actually found an original kit, (no hardware), on ebay. I'm expecting it in the mail soon but, what I'm really needing now is the buckle. I have been in touch with the original manufacturer, (Makefast in the UK), and they told me that it has been discontinued but they will look in drawers cupboards and other boxes to see if they can locate another one for me. NICE people!
Crossing my fingers but, in the event that this Buckle can't be sourced through them, if anybody has one that they have never used, I am in need of two of these... let me know.( that, or let me know a suitable replacement other than cobra)

Honestly, what I would do is fine one of those horrible "official marvel ones" that are white and pink; they're all over Ebay (roughly 50+ USD). They use a pretty good and correct looking buckle. Otherwise, I wouldn't know. Like I said, you'll have to spend a bit for it, but that's all I got, unless someone else can chime in with the proper name for these kind of buckles.

Edit: Wow, they've up and vanished almost entirely, but this one is one I could find. Might be your only shot:

Honestly, what I would do is fine one of those horrible "official marvel ones" that are white and pink; they're all over Ebay (roughly 50+ USD). They use a pretty good and correct looking buckle. Otherwise, I wouldn't know. Like I said, you'll have to spend a bit for it, but that's all I got, unless someone else can chime in with the proper name for these kind of buckles.

Edit: Wow, they've up and vanished almost entirely, but this one is one I could find. Might be your only shot:
The one that I found on mercari was a Marvel official and it had this Buckle which is completely wrong... the ThinkGeek one doesn't have a buckle at all, ironically. Thanks for the help nonetheless

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220905-212146~2.png
    Screenshot_20220905-212146~2.png
    203 KB · Views: 88
For all those looking for the most accurate Star-Lord helmet, the EFX is it. I had 2 of them (now just one). I've done modifications on both. Recently I came across pictures from an old auction of a screen used helmet. I couldn't believe how accurate the EFX one is, especially the inside of the eye sockets and face area. I can tell EFX had access to a screen used helmet to model theirs from. Just thought I'd share.

For all those looking for the most accurate Star-Lord helmet, the EFX is it. I had 2 of them (now just one). I've done modifications on both. Recently I came across pictures from an old auction of a screen used helmet. I couldn't believe how accurate the EFX one is, especially the inside of the eye sockets and face area. I can tell EFX had access to a screen used helmet to model theirs from. Just thought I'd share.
Do you have any pictures of your mods? I have an EFX helmet, as well as some I make myself.

First I remove the eye sockets. My first helmet I used the sockets to hold the leds and placed it back in. I used watch crystal as lenses and blue sunglasses lenses. This time I'm not placing the sockets back and placing the leds on the helmet surface. I'll post more info and pics of my first and current build.

Attachments

• 20211002_101229.jpg
    20211002_101229.jpg
    946.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 20211015_085639.jpg
    20211015_085639.jpg
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 20211015_093001.jpg
    20211015_093001.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 20211015_093026.jpg
    20211015_093026.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 100
First I remove the eye sockets. My first helmet I used the sockets to hold the leds and placed it back in. I used watch crystal as lenses and blue sunglasses lenses. This time I'm not placing the sockets back and placing the leds on the helmet surface. I'll post more info and pics of my first and current build.
Awesome! Thanks!

The side light is super easy. You have to remove the black inside material. You leave what they have there alone and place one red led on the inside up against it. It lights up perfectly

Attachments

• 20211026_195601.jpg
    20211026_195601.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back