The Nostromo: A Restoration Project

Hi all,

As pointed out above, we have now added the second video of the Nostromo restoration project, covering phase two of the project. The video can be found here:

http://www.propstore.com/nostromo.htm

Phase 2 of the project involved replicating missing components that we had an original example of. Many parts repeat themselves throughout the model, and we were able to create completely accurate replacements for the missing ones by molding the remaining original components. For example, we only had one of the three booster assemblies on the back of the ship, and created the other two by molding the small "flower" details, as seen in the video.

We hope that everyone enjoys the videos tracking the restoration, and look forward to being able to present more in the future.

Best,
Brandon

I've been eagerly awaiting part two.
Fantastic vid and brilliant work indeed - thanks so much for this!

Wow,that's truly a labor of love! A job I would love to have! It's great to see the origional props of the Alien movie being restored.Great work!

Wow,that's truly a labor of love! A job I would love to have! It's great to see the origional props of the Alien movie being restored.Great work!

This was an interesting project to watch on the videos. Hopefully more will be made of this fantastic project and it won't fade away into obscurity...?

It's fantastic to see such a great, great prop saved, and amazing that you were able to do it after twenty years of abuse by Mother Nature. Kudos!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back