The Predator Costume Manual Guide (2017)

UglyMF search Heavy Duty Storage Trunk/Box on Wheels people usually select a 100 litre - 150 litre box. For air travel the usual legal limit is around 32kg - so around 70lb. Make sure this doesn't exceed said amount. Upholstery foam around the corners of the trunk so the suit doesn't get damaged.
542-6929_PI_TPS2709828.jpg

nice manual making predator suit is not for beginners im building on mine for 6 months because of the budget.....spend 2500eu and do the paintjob all by myself because i have 4 years latex paint experience and now rough 2 year airbrush experience ......as beginner i dont recommend doing a predator its only for a hardcore fan ......it whas always child dream to be predator and now in cosplay this year my dream come treu pics are following coming weeks on the forum greetings reggy aka cyberstorm81

When I saw Predator at age 12 and Predator 2 in theatres a few years later. Ever since then I have wanted to costume as the Predator 2 City Hunter. For the past thirty years I have researched how to make that dream a reality. During the past decade I have cosplayed as a variety of characters such as Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, Firefly and recently Mythos inspired Boba Fett. With these costumes I have learned sewing skills, leather work and prop building skills. Recently, I have learned 3D printing skills( I will touch on this more). After reading this series, I am contemplating getting a fabric muscle suit. It isn't the cost, I knew from the beginning it would not be cheap, but the difficulty getting in and out of the suit and it's upkeep. Recently, I attended a convention wearing my Mythos inspired Boba Fett costume. In all honesty, if it was not for my wife helping me suit up, I would never have pulled it off. And that was with me building things into the costume to make it easier to put on.

As I stated before, I would like to respond to the comment about the 3D printing. It is understandable that those that have the ability to sculpt the Predator heads and body suits have an opinion about 3D printing. However, it is not just print something out and your ready to go. There is allot of post work that goes into making a part look realistic, professional and artistic. Don't get me wrong, I know there are some people who want to take the fast route. Well that attitude will show in their final piece. I for one put allot of work into my costumes and will not show off something that is not high quality. In regards to the statement of getting a free file to make stuff like armor, again it will show in the end. I purchase my 3D files and appreciate the artists that create them. This really is no different than a person paying someone to create a Predator suit for them in my opinion. We all have our talents and not all of us can create these suits out of clay and latex like many of the extremely talented people on this site and in this group. I think in the end, we should all see that a person is doing what they can to show their love for a awesome Sci-Fi character/franchise. In addition to that, people are not the same and therefor may have limitations to be able to create things others are able to do. I really hope that makes since. I read somewhere that 3D printing has opened up a world of possibilities to many that were not able to fulfill before.

Once again, I appreciate the insight put forth in the attached intro to owning/buying a Predator suit literature. There is a lot of good information and advice contained within. I attached a couple pictures of costumes I have created over the years with and without the assistance of 3D printing.

In closing, I would like to say that I see a great deal of talent in this group as well as people like myself eager to learn new things. We should always encourage others to fulfil their dreams and goals by any means possible with realistic means. Thank you for all of the help and advice in advance, Daren

Attachments

• Mythos Inspired Boba Fett in Parking Garage 09 Mar 2024.jpg
    Mythos Inspired Boba Fett in Parking Garage 09 Mar 2024.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240309-204449~2.png
    Screenshot_20240309-204449~2.png
    725 KB · Views: 5
  • Daren Maloy Burgundy Mando Kit Name Drig Nast Front view.jpg
    Daren Maloy Burgundy Mando Kit Name Drig Nast Front view.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • COBRA COMMANDER SAC CON EDIT.jpg
    COBRA COMMANDER SAC CON EDIT.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 2017-01-03 02.34.06.jpg
    2017-01-03 02.34.06.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 4
When I saw Predator at age 12 and Predator 2 in theatres a few years later. Ever since then I have wanted to costume as the Predator 2 City Hunter. For the past thirty years I have researched how to make that dream a reality. During the past decade I have cosplayed as a variety of characters such as Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, Firefly and recently Mythos inspired Boba Fett. With these costumes I have learned sewing skills, leather work and prop building skills. Recently, I have learned 3D printing skills( I will touch on this more). After reading this series, I am contemplating getting a fabric muscle suit. It isn't the cost, I knew from the beginning it would not be cheap, but the difficulty getting in and out of the suit and it's upkeep. Recently, I attended a convention wearing my Mythos inspired Boba Fett costume. In all honesty, if it was not for my wife helping me suit up, I would never have pulled it off. And that was with me building things into the costume to make it easier to put on.

As I stated before, I would like to respond to the comment about the 3D printing. It is understandable that those that have the ability to sculpt the Predator heads and body suits have an opinion about 3D printing. However, it is not just print something out and your ready to go. There is allot of post work that goes into making a part look realistic, professional and artistic. Don't get me wrong, I know there are some people who want to take the fast route. Well that attitude will show in their final piece. I for one put allot of work into my costumes and will not show off something that is not high quality. In regards to the statement of getting a free file to make stuff like armor, again it will show in the end. I purchase my 3D files and appreciate the artists that create them. This really is no different than a person paying someone to create a Predator suit for them in my opinion. We all have our talents and not all of us can create these suits out of clay and latex like many of the extremely talented people on this site and in this group. I think in the end, we should all see that a person is doing what they can to show their love for a awesome Sci-Fi character/franchise. In addition to that, people are not the same and therefor may have limitations to be able to create things others are able to do. I really hope that makes since. I read somewhere that 3D printing has opened up a world of possibilities to many that were not able to fulfill before.

Once again, I appreciate the insight put forth in the attached intro to owning/buying a Predator suit literature. There is a lot of good information and advice contained within. I attached a couple pictures of costumes I have created over the years with and without the assistance of 3D printing.

In closing, I would like to say that I see a great deal of talent in this group as well as people like myself eager to learn new things. We should always encourage others to fulfil their dreams and goals by any means possible with realistic means. Thank you for all of the help and advice in advance, Daren
Wow you are such a wonderful person my friend..... thank you! Yes molding , sculpting and casting is somethiing really hard at first but when you get used to it, it becomes less hard, like everything i would say with experiences. I did my first predator head mold and casting in 2018 .... and succeeded but it was a bit too small the finish product so I decided to make another sculpt of predator head for mask. Now i bought 2 3D machines that can create Bio helmets with 3D files that I buy as well.....I am Neptunis shop on etsy....https://www.etsy.com/ca-fr/shop/Neptunis

Thanks again for your words! Hope you succeed as well on your Predator 2 suit!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back