Tombstone Val Kilmer / Doc Holliday Costume

When you advertise this jacket:

Screenshot_20231006-130738_Wish.jpg

But when asked to change the fabric to white you send this jacket.....that is not the same jacket....

20231006_130126.jpg

I feel your pain. I really do.

DOC'S HUCKLEBERRY SHIRT

So, the photos above is a shirt I had custom made (not by my friend, but at the end of the day I wish I would have had my friend make it as things did not go well).

Because things did not go well, I will be doing the CORRECT Huckleberry shirt myself, along with the CORRECT Doc Holliday vest as that didn't go well either. I will go into more detail on these mishap projects as time goes on, but be assured that I will get what I seek............ ;)
I truly have no idea how you know so much detail...it's mind boggling !

DOC'S HUCKLEBERRY SHIRT

So, the photos above is a shirt I had custom made (not by my friend, but at the end of the day I wish I would have had my friend make it as things did not go well).

Because things did not go well, I will be doing the CORRECT Huckleberry shirt myself, along with the CORRECT Doc Holliday vest as that didn't go well either. I will go into more detail on these mishap projects as time goes on, but be assured that I will get what I seek............ ;)
Do you ever use the off ones for an alternate Doc ?

Disappointment #2, Doc’s Red Huckleberry Vest

Upon first glance one would say this is a pretty nice vest, but in truth I would put it on the list of just Okay, but it’s definitely not worth the price I paid for it.

First off the company made the vest from velvet. I would say the main problem with this is the dye job didn’t penetrate deep enough which causes the fabric to turn white when the fabric is folded over. If you look at all the edges on this vest you can see what I mean. Next because the fabric was done in velvet, it makes you feel like you are wearing your grandmother’s sofa/couch. Next the back panel was made in four different panels which the original was only made in two pieces.

At the end of the day a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT but most of all the company made it TO SMALL, as they did NOT make it in the measurements I gave them.

This is why I am taking full charge of this project! From now on EVERYTHING will be done by me. Yes, I am having all this fabric redone and all the vest will be made by my company. Great thing is that these vest will cost no where near the price this company was charging.

IMG_4684.jpeg
IMG_4687.jpeg
IMG_4685.jpeg
IMG_4686.jpeg
IMG_4688.jpeg

IMG_4683.jpeg

Disappointment #2, Doc’s Red Huckleberry Vest

Upon first glance one would say this is a pretty nice vest, but in truth I would put it on the list of just Okay, but it’s definitely not worth the price I paid for it.

First off the company made the vest from velvet. I would say the main problem with this is the dye job didn’t penetrate deep enough which causes the fabric to turn white when the fabric is folded over. If you look at all the edges on this vest you can see what I mean. Next because the fabric was done in velvet, it makes you feel like you are wearing your grandmother’s sofa/couch. Next the back panel was made in four different panels which the original was only made in two pieces.

At the end of the day a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT but most of all the company made it TO SMALL, as they did NOT make it in the measurements I gave them.

This is why I am taking full charge of this project! From now on EVERYTHING will be done by me. Yes, I am having all this fabric redone and all the vest will be made by my company. Great thing is that these vest will cost no where near the price this company was charging.

View attachment 1760901View attachment 1760902View attachment 1760903View attachment 1760904View attachment 1760905
View attachment 1760900
Outstanding effort Doc...I really am too dumb to know the difference ! Takes folks like you I guess !!

Just the casual observer here but did they shift the entire left panel down by one inch before making the button holes? Maybe it is hanging funny but the lapel is nearly matching but pockets and the bottom flap seem to grow farther and farther apart as it goes down. But yet the buttons are fastened and aligned. As if a size large left hand panel was sewn to a medium size right hand panel.

Just the casual observer here but did they shift the entire left panel down by one inch before making the button holes? Maybe it is hanging funny but the lapel is nearly matching but pockets and the bottom flap seem to grow farther and farther apart as it goes down. But yet the buttons are fastened and aligned. As if a size large left hand panel was sewn to a medium size right hand panel.
No it’s made right, it’s just the way it is sitting on my mannequin plus the shoulder rig is probably pulling it down to give you the look you see.
IMG_4826.jpeg

Yep, this was done on the cheap:(o_O As you said; the dye wasn't left long enough to penetrate the velvet properly.
I'm not even talking about the terrible back panel (that's a crime right there if you know how those vests were made in the first place)!
And, as you said: it's like wearing your grand-ma's rug.:oops:

Question: Did this shop actually dye the pattern as well? Not to offer any kudos but that is very very difficult. I can't even imagine attempting such a feat on velvet. That is far beyond my capacity.

Yep, this was done on the cheap:(o_O As you said; the dye wasn't left long enough to penetrate the velvet properly.
I'm not even talking about the terrible back panel (that's a crime right there if you know how those vests were made in the first place)!
And, as you said: it's like wearing your grand-ma's rug.:oops:
Yip, and for $450 a vest you would have thought they would have done a better job. Doesn’t matter now, because I am in full charge of this project now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back