Real Terminator Endo Skull???

TridCloudwalker

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Link to live auction removed oops - Just search for, "TERMINATOR 1 PUPPET ENDO HEAD MOVIE PROP STAN WINSTON"

I just found this on eBay. What do yo guys think? Is it a real screen used piece? Some details just look inconsistant to me like the eyes, rough silver teeth, various pits and air bubbles, and detail on top of the head.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
My spider-sense is tingling whenver I see stuff like this.
I'll post it in another group and see what they think.

it looks like a resin copy of the vinyl kit made by Horizon (or such)
and added some small metal details.

especially the underside looks exactly like the vinyl head.

4306589.jpeg

4349644.jpeg

Horizon skull? Never heard of such a thing. And they don't look alike, imo. The one in the auction looks nice.

Also... just because they look alike doesn't mean that they are the same... hell... many of the licensed skulls are reportedly cast directly from the Stan Winston prop... so what does that prove?

It's all good. A rule is a rule, and what I did is a no-no (I went and checked the FAQ to be sure). I don't think anyone will mind copying and pasting the auction title I posted in its stead.

Now that I've looked at it some more, the discrepancies don't look as bad, but those teeth are still really bugging me. You'd think they would have just glued plastic ones in, instead of having them cast in metal. At the very least, they should be painted. It looks like there's some ivory paint at the bottom of one of the lower jaw teeth, but if that all wore off, why didn't the black wash inbetween the teeth?

Just feels strange to me.

It's possible this was one of the ones that sat in a fire, and thus all the paint burnt off, and the dullness of the metal and the "black wash" in the crevices is due to just soot that's stayed behind after the skull was rubbed down and cleaned up..........but even if the glass eye lenses didn't shatter in the fire's heat, the red plastic diffuser behind them would have definitely melted.

Last edited:
Sorry for the confusion - It didn't seem like he was sure it was fraudulent, or even really thought it was, just seem like more of a curiosity post to me.
Post away!!!!!!

I don't see any reason to think it is a fake, but I am as far from an expert on this as possible.
Although the seller only has 82 transaction feedbacks they are 100% positive and many are from selling "screen used" items.

The folks bidding on it sure think it is real, over 2 grand and they have not even hit the reserve yet:rolleyes
I wish I was selling it.

Last edited:
Yeah, with the screenshots posted over at the other forum, this is definitely NOT a screenused endo skull...at least not from T1. Does anybody have any good shots from T2 and T3?

Another possibility is it was from T2-3D?

Hmm. I've got several friends who worked on T2, and one of them often talked about the bronze skulls they did for the film (as he know I liked metal casting). THey did 2 - one for the flame opening credits and one was used in the scene where Arnold gets his head hammered repeatedly with the I Beam by the t-1000. My friend said they were cast in bronze, sanded and polished by a poor lab monkey in the shop for ages, then chrome plated. I dunno if they had acrylic teeth or not. At the time the bronze endo skulls were spoken of often, and one supposedly wound up on Stan Winston's desk, and the other went to Arnold. I know metal ones existed for T2- but this fellow running the auction claims his is from the 1st film - and I dunno if they would have went through the expense of making a metal head for that film (unless is is cast in lead for crushing in the press in the last scene).

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back