Star Trek XI METAL shirt insignias!

SgtFang

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
I was going to try to spring this myself, but God knows when I'll have the money to do it, so I figure I'll hand this off to someone with better funds to get started with-

silicone rubber labels - Product Catalog - YongSing Apparel Industrial Ltd -silicone labels, puller,leather

Looks like they can be done for about .15 each, but you'll have to get 500 of each design. These could be sold to the big convention dealers in bulk for probably 3.00 - 5.00 ea. and singly for probably 10.00 ea. :love

I want a few freebie sets though! :p

Engage!

-Sarge

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Star Trek XI rubber shirt insignia!

Im broke Sarge. I want a free one though. Give me a free one, or you are officially now "PRIVATE" instead of Sgt!:lol

Interesting idea. I might see what I can do.

I just need to get a clearer image of the insignia on the delta shield now.

Interesting idea. I might see what I can do.

I just need to get a clearer image of the insignia on the delta shield now.

From what I've been able to tell so far, they're just the original, classic delta sheild designs with a raised border, and the emblems cut out like a stencil. I've got a couple closeup shots of Spock's and it looks like they're just solid silver, no black borders or anything. I'll try to upload it later and post it here. :)

-Sarge

Here we go-

TrekXIPatch.jpg

I'm not seeing any stitching, so they're probably glued on with something... If the patches are done in silicone, they could be glued on with molding silicone or maybe silicone gasket in a tube and they'd NEVER come off! :)

-Sarge

In some shots they seem silver, but in other shots they seem gold. Perhaps a status change from cadet to officer...?

There should be three designs, if they follow TOS canon.. Command, Science and Engineering. I've only seen the Science design clearly. Uhura seems to have a version of the Engineering spiral.

imageuploadimageal7.jpg

My old roomie is in teh movie as a blue shirt. He said his insignia was held on with thin double sided tape and they would peel them off of them as they walked off the set.

He said his insignia was held on with thin double sided tape and they would peel them off of them as they walked off the set.

Hey, just like Nimoy did with his Ears.

Looks like they are following TOS in some things! :lol

My old roomie is in teh movie as a blue shirt. He said his insignia was held on with thin double sided tape and they would peel them off of them as they walked off the set.

Heh! Too funny. Can he confirm if they're really rubber or not? Or silver or gold?

Thanks!

-Sarge

This what I know.
1. The emblems: Metal not rubber. Silver not gold. One guy on set seemed to have no other job then to re-apply double sided tape to teh emblems.
2. Hero uniform tops were two piece but background uniform tops were one piece with sewn in collar.
3. Boots are ankle high commercially available boots from PUMA
4. Pants are a form fitting black pant with patterned/textured reinforced knees. Pants seem to be a heavyweight blend similar to what is used in BDUs (best guess). No cargo pockets.
5. Pants are not tucked in to boots. Actors used blousing bands to blouse pant legs.
6. My roomie didnt have rank on his uniform and didnt get a close look at the rank braid but remembers it as silver not gold

Heh! Too funny. Can he confirm if they're really rubber or not? Or silver or gold?

Thanks!

-Sarge

This what I know.
1. The emblems: Metal not rubber. Silver not gold. One guy on set seemed to have no other job then to re-apply double sided tape to teh emblems.

Metal??? :confused Well... Crap! I would have bet good money they were rubber like those silicone patches that were all the rage a couple years ago...

(runs off to google bulk metal casters...)

-Sarge

I can probably get them made in metal. We do sell pins, too, you know. :)

each day when they would pull th einsignia off teh uniforms this guy would then line them all up on a sheet of double sided adhesive then cut around them with an X acto so they were ready for the next time. I asked him if he thought they were cast metal but he used teh word steel (hes not a metalurgist though lol). He said there was no real 'give' to the metal. He said teh cut outs were very precise like from a laser cutter but the inginia have a raised border so who knows....

3. Boots are ankle high commercially available boots from PUMA
PUMA Boneville maybe?
(I'm asking because I was buying a pair of those some time ago, but then I didn't... I know, not an interesting story, but HEY!:D)

PUMA Boneville maybe?
(I'm asking because I was buying a pair of those some time ago, but then I didn't... I know, not an interesting story, but HEY!:D)

If they're ankle-high, they're probably the Flat 2 or the Flat 2 GTX:

t_19311.png

flat2_black.jpg

If they're ankle-high, they're probably the Flat 2 or the Flat 2 GTX:

t_19311.png

flat2_black.jpg
Oh, I overlooked the "ankle-high" part...:D
Hmmm... Those Flat 2 looks nice... I think I want a pair now! No matter if they are or not in the movie!:lol

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back