The Nostromo: A Restoration Project

Thanks for posting.

I'd been told by Bob Burns that a restoration was under way, but he didn't elaborate. Nice to see it's being done right.

Here's hoping this storied miniature finds a good public display venue one of these days -- a place where FX fans might have the opportunity see it up close.

Yeah thanks for posting, love to see things like this, was cool to see the panels being re-fitted, and shaped in with an iron...too cool!

lee

Wow. This is great news. Thanks for sharing this, Brandon! Cannot wait to see it restored to its original glory. (THEN what do you do? Auction it? Keep it? Give it back to Bob?)

Alan

oh, and the opossum climbing aboard and leaving behind it's bones almost seems like some kind of weird homage to the original film and Giger! LOL

Unwanted visitor and organic bones are ALIEN-esque to be sure.

Hi all,

Once the restoration is complete, the model will be returned to Prop Store's LA office where it will remain part of Prop Store's company collection. It will be available for viewing in the LA office at that time.

Best,
Brandon

Hi all,

Once the restoration is complete, the model will be returned to Prop Store's LA office where it will remain part of Prop Store's company collection. It will be available for viewing in the LA office at that time.

Best,
Brandon

That is great news!
Exactly the kind of thing that such a prop deserves. :thumbsup

Thanks Brandon hows it all going over in the LA branch? I have to say people if you have never been down to the Prop store in London you really should go, they are a great bunch of people especially Stephen & Tim. It was one of the coolest places to spend an afternoon & a few of grand.

Too cool. I speak to Bill Pearson on a regular basis. I should let him know about this, if he doesn't already.

Can't wait to see more!

N

This is great news. Terrific that it is in such capable hands. Thanks to all for making the process public. Last I heard it was at KNB and there was talk of restoration, great to see it underway!

Hey Brandon, the part where the guy picks up a large piece and says "things like this which are badly damaged, we'll just replace with something else" (or something to that effect) is the entire upper hull of the Tamiya 1/35 Matilda tank.

This is great news indeed. I'm really glad to hear that this awesome ship is going to be returned to it's former glory.

With all the reference material that's been gathered, I wonder if there's any chance that this material may see the light of day? A heavyweight Coffee table book of the making of Alien....

Now that would be awesome. I can dream, eh?

Cheers

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back