Star Wars The Acolyte (tv series)

Not everything Disney star wars is terrible. It gives us the comedy gold of YouTube reviews and breakdowns. As long as disney keeps pumping out trash those YouTube channels will save us from watching.

Disney is going to “Disney”, as they say…”

Last edited:
It’s still a cartoon though, haven’t watched it ( & probably never will), but going by what you guys are saying, it’s a shame they hadn’t put as much effort as they did with this series into their live action shows

J

It’s still a cartoon though, haven’t watched it ( & probably never will), but going by what you guys are saying, it’s a shame they hadn’t put as much effort as they did with this series into their live action shows

J
The best stories since disney bought it have been in clone wars, rwbels, and bad batch. And it isnt remotely close. There is some amazing stuff in there.

I make no apologies for this post but after all the trash that disney has shoveled out over the past years, especially with my beloved childhood Star Wars Saga. It was this rather fetching enlightening pic, or a big pile of horse ****!

dismay.jpg

I don’t care what people say or think of me, lm excited for this show. How long have we been saying give us something new and fresh, well here it is
Nobody thinks any less of you because you like something...don't take it personally that anyone(including me) thinks it's going to royally suck...The same can be said about spewing venom against those that dislike this stuff. We need to separate individuals from products. Just saw your posted trailer for this show...honestly, the thing that stuck out the most to me was including a big diss on "The Force". Whether or not that was intentional, remains to be seen but immediately it drew an eye roll from me and we already know the history behind the rogue fashion of the director.
My immediate reaction was to say, "here we go again...let's undue everything and anything that the OT brought to us", which wouldn't be too far fetched given what has been plated to us in recent times but honestly, i could care less anyways at this point. I only respond to this because you're my friend and i agree, you shouldn't care what others think of you. The fear of man is a snare. Stay joyful...stay positive...and most of all, stay kind to one another ;)

I tend not to read much before anything airs any longer. Will it suck? Maybe. Could it not suck and maybe be good? Yeah. It's valid to form an opinion off a trailer. The point of it is to sell it to prospective viewers. If that fails, they're not going to watch it. So, for me. Haven't watched a trailer, or a full opinion post yet. Some stuff is unavoidable - like magazine covers a TV adds. Speaking of which. I find it pretty this comes out soon and i've seen not TV spots yet. But whatever. I'll watch when it comes and decide then. If it's horrible out the gate, it's 45 minutes. No big deal. But, it could be a surprise as well. Never know til it airs..

I really like the design of the villain’s helmet.

Other than that? At the moment it didn’t get me excited for it, but i’ll give it a chance as what’s the worst that’ll happen? I’ll have lost some time i’d have likely wasted anyway, and there’ll be another thing I can never watch again and never post about on the internet.

Looks good to me, but I'm not beholden to many of the things that others are when it comes to SW.

Nothing wrong with different strokes for... etc. I don't get into arguments anymore with folks over what I like & what I don't. I just live by the quotes from the renown genius, Rick Sanchez...

"Your boos mean nothing. I've seen what makes you cheer."

... &...

"Every breath I take without your permission raises my self-esteem."

I still get very excited for things. I'm actually very much like a child at times. No doubt a super attractive trait that my wife covets in me.

This just didn't make me feel anything. It did absolutely nothing for me.

I'll watch it when it comes out and judge from there. But my expectations are quite low, so there's little to be disappointed at anymore. I'm certain it'll be filled with generic one liners to meet the 500 word essay requirement, dialogue time requirements.

Remember when you were young and the world seemed good? Then Star Wars came along and shook up everything you thought you knew about the world. It was a great time. Now move on a few years. Talk of the sequels being finally made. It had been such a long time and now we were going to be treated all over again. So, maybe they were not quite as good as the first trilogy but they did there job. Happy days. And so time went on and rumours of yet another trilogy appeared. Again should we all be as excited as last time? We all hoped to be. One last adventure with our old heroes. It was at this point that some of us failed to notice the small mouse like figure slowly eating the crayons in the back of the class, squeaking incoherently whilst using the old tales of our heroes to wipe the slabber from it's thin red lips. But alas it was already to late. More and more crayons were being thrown at this beast. Alas it was over for us. And all that is left is massive pile of chewed crayons and soiled dreams. We helped feed this beast and now we are paying for it.

Nobody thinks any less of you because you like something...don't take it personally that anyone(including me) thinks it's going to royally suck...The same can be said about spewing venom against those that dislike this stuff. We need to separate individuals from products. Just saw your posted trailer for this show...honestly, the thing that stuck out the most to me was including a big diss on "The Force". Whether or not that was intentional, remains to be seen but immediately it drew an eye roll from me and we already know the history behind the rogue fashion of the director.
My immediate reaction was to say, "here we go again...let's undue everything and anything that the OT brought to us", which wouldn't be too far fetched given what has been plated to us in recent times but honestly, i could care less anyways at this point. I only respond to this because you're my friend and i agree, you shouldn't care what others think of you. The fear of man is a snare. Stay joyful...stay positive...and most of all, stay kind to one another ;)
Yeah, first it started with "the Jedi bad" and now it's "the Force bad." I hope this is just the villain's philosophy, but I have my doubts.

George wanted to awaken spiritualism, but it seems those at Disney/Lucasfilm want to insert materialism. Yikes.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back