“A simpleton with a shield!”

Fly4v

Sr Member
Inspiration: To be honest it was Batman in a Lamborghini that inspired me to start doing events as Captain America. I was already doing charity work and toy drives in my actual uniform but it is more fun as the Cap.

How long: Two months including the shield.

Cost: The cost of the suit, minus the helmet and jump boots, was $560.47 ($445.84 in materials, $114.63 shipping). The shield was $145.09 materials, $73.06 shipping for a total of $218.15.

Tips: Using a work suit and a pair of pants as a base actually increased the amount of effort required. It would have been easier if I could have found the Cotton HBT in blue.

Special Thanks to all the other Captain America’s that came before and to those that were working concurrently. I even thank UD Replica’s for closing the sale of their excellent TFA suit. If they still had the suit for sale I wouldn’t have been forced to make this.

This and most of my other Captain America stuff is located:
http://www.therpf.com/f24/captain-america-how-exciting-tws-concept-tfa-150663/

Thank you for your interest and please check out my other builds listed in my signature.

321182-tfa-hero-b-17.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
321180-tfa-hero-puff-1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
321183-tfa-hero-dc-3-1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
321181-tfa-hero-hydra-bw-2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
321184-tfa-hero-hydra-bw-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments.
The airsoft shield is small at 24" and the star is proportionally too large for a movie shield.
In uniform don't know what I come out as but I'm 74.5" tall and 203 lbs.
Friday was muscle failure followed with a quick weight work out Saturday morning to keep everything toned.

I don't care what you say, but this is bad *****. Great suit, great shots with great back drop. Lovin' the suit :love Sheer awesomeness :thumbsup

Great cap. sir, it looks very screen accurate. It must have taken you a long time to build those big ass model airplanes. You managed to take one of Red Skull's armored cars, he has to be really ticked.

Awesome!!!! I'm so glad I stopped studying for finals and saw this, haha. Fantastic quality on all those straps and pouches, and those model planes really are something to behold! :lol

Love the final result Fly! Fantastic location as well. Such a great attention to detail, one of my favorite Cap builds and builder :D. And that airsoft shield sure did work out nicely.

The suit turned out great Fly4V. Thanks for posting the build thread too. It is helping me along the way wiht my slow build.

Amazing! That's by far my favourite Captain America costume version. I dig The Avengers one, but this one fits more to me because it's heavily grounded in realism as opposed to just a - to paraphrase Tony Stark - "spangly costume". ;)

J

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back