“Expedition Back to the future” Discovery channel

If they went to all that effort for an accurate replica, would they select an automatic transmission???
I’m going to guess that they had to choose between going with a manual, or actually making it able to be remotely controlled.

I’ve worked in mobile electronics before, and still do all of my own mobile electronic work, and I can come up with no feasible way that would be reasonable to install and operate that would allow a manual to be remotely operated.

I watched the show yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I love Josh's sense of humor and it was so great to see some of the BTTF cast and crew appearing in the show.

Just some of the shown props don't match the ones we can see in the movies such as Marty's letter to Doc in the Hollywood Museum or the Futaba remote from the Shea collection. And Marty's future jacket from the Sheas really looks like Mark Poon's replica. :lol:

And why did they put this clock onto the dash of the time machine replica instead of an accurate Bulova?

View attachment 1438574
I know this is late, but I agree with you completely, Roland. I understand that liberties have to be taken with props, however.
But for sure a lot of the props used in the final car we see at the end were inaccurate to the film (but that's ok with me) despite what they said. The time circuit display numbers were too spaced apart and the keypad was wrong. I can tell they just used the common variation of the TCD that you see floating around because the display numbers and keypad would have to be custom in order to be accurate, I've heard. Also, the Flux capacitor was not accurate. The electrical box appeared lighter than the gray color used in the film and the flux viewing plane (or however you word it) was not as wide as normally seen in film, despite Josh mentioning it was accurate or from the movie.
But still, it was a great and nostalgic watch overall!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back